Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
recently went to e-town and i only got 2 passes before i got kicked out.

1st pass 2nd pass

60' 1.997 1.700
330 5.219 4.842
1/8 7.785 7.436
mph 95.95 95.05
1000 9.997 9.669
1/4 11.876 11.569
mph 120.44 118.43

on the first run i got my highest mph's ever. on my second run i got my best 1/4 mile time ever. on the second run i didnt even stall it up all the way either. i only stalled it up to 3000 rpm's because the lights dropped so fast. it was the eliminations and i was going to try to stay in it so i had to go as soon as the lights dropped. but i went all out on that run any way. next time ill stall it up to 3800 rpm's like i should have.

sometimes i wish that i didnt mold my body kit on and get such heavy 19' rims. without all the extra weight i would have probably been doing better times.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Congrats Rick, this is good weather to be going for best times. What tires are you on? If its in your sig, sorry for asking I'll look after I post. If you don't have ET Streets though, get some.

·
Boost Junkie
12,687 Posts
Nice Runs Rick,

Good luck on your quest.

Do you have any pics of your car posted anywhere? I'd like to check it out.

Steve K.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
rick u forgot to add it helped removing the rear and front seat. glad too see we both had a good day on sun. i will see u this week again,we both can go for that record. congrats on your new times...bill.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
damn dude 1.7 60' with 19" street tires? 275/30? wow

Brett

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rob, i was on 16' bfg comp ta 250/55/16's. ill be getting et streets soon though.

Thanks Steve, im going to post up some pics as soon as i scan them. there is a thread in the members section with 3 pics of my car.

Bill, it was fun racing with you. let me know if your going anywhere racing this weekend. 570-510-1106.

Amar...as long as the tires are really hot its better when i stall it up higher.

Brett i was on bfg comp ta 250/55/16's. but on my 19's i got a 1.98 60' before. By the way, do you remember meeting my early last year at atco?

Thanks to everyone's compliments. i appreciate them. i also have a vpc on the way to help me out a little bit too, Rick.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
hey dude

yea i think i do. did you have that bpu'ish auto, dark colored car?

im gonna be at etown sat. racing my dawg :) as soon as i get home. friday night ill prep the car.

Brett

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
neonafk said:
hey dude

yea i think i do. did you have that bpu'ish auto, dark colored car?

im gonna be at etown sat. racing my dawg :) as soon as i get home. friday night ill prep the car.

Brett
i have a black supra. i was the one that had the hpf mod done. (not anymore though)

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Very nice numbers Rick! You'll get there just keep trying! Make sure to update that sig with your dyno #'s they are really good for an auto/high stall!

Andrew

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bad94sup said:
Very nice numbers Rick! You'll get there just keep trying! Make sure to update that sig with your dyno #'s they are really good for an auto/high stall!

Andrew
thanks, im going to update it soon. i would like to get a small pic of my car on there also.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick S said:
Thanks to everyone's compliments. i appreciate them. i also have a vpc on the way to help me out a little bit too, Rick.
Glad you decided to get it. Is it gonna come in time for the weekend?

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VeilsideTT said:
Glad you decided to get it. Is it gonna come in time for the weekend?
Seth, my girlfriend is giving it to me as a christmas present but she wont give it to me until christmas. i wont be able to use it until next year...that sucks.

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
on that 11.5 run i did my best burnout ever only because i finally found out how to properly do it. i could have done a longer one to make the tires even more sticky but i let off as i saw the smoke. and i only stalled the converter up to 3000.

next time at the track im going to take my time and burn the hell out of the tires and stall the car up as high as it can go. this should give me my better 60 foot time im looking for.

and if i had extra money saved up i would really consider locking up the converter so i can give it all the car has. i just dont have the money for the tranny if anything would happen to break because of locking it up.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick S said:
Seth, my girlfriend is giving it to me as a christmas present but she wont give it to me until christmas. i wont be able to use it until next year...that sucks.
What would we do without women? :D

My GF gave me my TC last year. She also wanted to wait but I whined like a little girl until she gave in. You might want to take a page out of my book. :lol:

Good luck this week.

·
Tom Henderson
1,237 Posts
hey Rick...sorry about not going last week..tell me when ur going this weekend and ill def be there...give me a call..its 484-951-2436..later man

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Rick S said:
i have a black supra. i was the one that had the hpf mod done. (not anymore though)
i had the HPF mod, that blew my turbos, ok i remeber who you are

sorry im not comming sat. im going to the nets game (season tickets), ill try to make it sunday, hopefully with some type of DR's. weather up north must suck now. good luck

Brett

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Rick, the last piece of advise I can give you and driftTT is to shim the wastegate or do the hpf mod, but only if you don't care about blowing your stock twins. At this point I doubt either of you has quite enough hp to do it. Wingless Tony went 126mph when he set the record and seems to be a good driver. His 60' wasn't bad either. You can make up some ground on the 60' but the rest has to come from hp at the tires. I always wondered what would have happened if I tried that and some race gas. My twins could only hold 18 psi and I know of some that can hold 21-22 psi to redline. On race gas that would have given me a great chance. Oh well, atleast I was able to get $400.00 out of them when I sold them.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Rviscosi said:
Rick, the last piece of advise I can give you and driftTT is to shim the wastegate or do the hpf mod, but only if you don't care about blowing your stock twins. At this point I doubt either of you has quite enough hp to do it. Wingless Tony went 126mph when he set the record and seems to be a good driver. His 60' wasn't bad either. You can make up some ground on the 60' but the rest has to come from hp at the tires. I always wondered what would have happened if I tried that and some race gas. My twins could only hold 18 psi and I know of some that can hold 21-22 psi to redline.
Do you not think this "feat" can be achieved with peak hold boost not exceeding 16psi with boost dropping below something like 15 towards redline? With a good 60', I think they have the mph. Running 126mph wouldn't be too tough with a nitrous bottle in the back of the car that you're not using of course. *just kidding*

John H

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i really dont think that ill ever run an 11.2. im just trying to get the closest i can. i know that with my current setup i can get an 11.3 or 11.4, as long as my 60' time gets better and i lean it out a little more. im also going to be getting a vpc soon so that might help me a little bit also. im just having fun running consistent 11.5's and 11.6's all the time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts