Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a Top Secret Front bumper and a greddy 3 row. The problem is the intercooler was fitted for a stock bumper when installed and sits a few inches too high, leaving an ugly gap between the bottom of my intercooler and the lip of my bumper. Can I simply modify the spacers and drop the intercooler/slide the piping couplers out a few inches? Has anyone else had to do this??

Thanks!

Andrew

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Get ahold of RSA Supra (Ryan Hawkins) - he went thru the same thing with his Whifbitz bumper...

Jay

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had the same problem with my C-west/Greddy 3 row set up. It sat alittle too high before so we got long bolts for the top 2 bolts of the FMIC and spacers. problem was resolved and if you loosen up the clamps of the pipes they should move down instantly with the fmic.

Mike

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SupraPimpTT said:
Had the same problem with my C-west/Greddy 3 row set up. It sat alittle too high before so we got long bolts for the top 2 bolts of the FMIC and spacers. problem was resolved and if you loosen up the clamps of the pipes they should move down instantly with the fmic.

Mike
Ok, cool! I just wanted to make sure there would still be enough pipe in the couping to still get a firm grip! Any issues blowing IC hoses?

Thanks again guys!

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
how much work is involved in doing this. I have the TRD widebody and I to have a nasty gap with the greddy 3 row. I mean do you make extra ic pipes and then get one long ass screw. let me know if this is true like it sounds.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I worked with Suprapimp to fix his. we pulled the front end off the car. then got longer bolts from Home depot. (the 2 that hold it in from the top. I forgot the size of them.

Then u put the spacers between the IC and the cars frame and put the new bolt through. The spacers are so it doesnt rattle loose and you can tighten it down. Then bolt up the bottom hole of the IC (you may have to drill a new hole in the little tab at the bottom. You can slide the IC up and down a little bit. The pipes will rotate if you loosen up the connecting clamps. Also there might be a plastic grommet in the side of the engine bay where the pipe goes from the turbo. We just ripped that out to give you more movement for the pipes.

We shoulda taken pics.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flexysteve8 said:
I worked with Suprapimp to fix his. we pulled the front end off the car. then got longer bolts from Home depot. (the 2 that hold it in from the top. I forgot the size of them.

Then u put the spacers between the IC and the cars frame and put the new bolt through. The spacers are so it doesnt rattle loose and you can tighten it down. Then bolt up the bottom hole of the IC (you may have to drill a new hole in the little tab at the bottom. You can slide the IC up and down a little bit. The pipes will rotate if you loosen up the connecting clamps. Also there might be a plastic grommet in the side of the engine bay where the pipe goes from the turbo. We just ripped that out to give you more movement for the pipes.

We shoulda taken pics.
Sounds easy enough, now I just have to motivate myself to do it! LOL:D Thanks guys!

Andrew

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
thanks for all the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts