Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the forums, and I really wanna lower my 87 supra. I've heard alot of good things about the eibach pro kit with some good struts, but idk if it's gunna be low enough..?? Can u please post pics of your lowered supras and what spring and strut combo u used? Thx for the help

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
I would be an asshole and tell you to search, because this has been covered more than a million times. But some asshat will provide pictures of their bucket in a lame attempt to show off their piece of shit Supra.

And you will also get the assholes who will tell you to get coilovers without providing any logic reasoning to back their opinion up.

Good luck.

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
i believe h&r sport/race springs are as low as they come for mk3's without going coilovers.

coilovers are great for adjustments, sometimes rebuildable, and some are really close to a factory comfort level...though i havnt been in a coil over'ed car that felt comfortable. im sure they exist, but for what price? lowering springs get my vote, mostly because i can run an adjustable shock that will let me keep the factory tems system.

·
yup, reefed it
887 Posts

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
You sure the dropzone ones aren't lower?

This guys(paul0075) car pretty much has me sold on the eibach pro springs..
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...ost-pix-here&p=8390780&viewfull=1#post8390780
(click on images for larger version)
"Tastefully" lowered, IMO, lol. Plan to use them with my (stock) Tokico Illumina II's.
Dropzones are shit H&R will allow a lower stance with quality in the ride. Just saying been there done that. I am curious though what happened to Intrax springs ha. I had them on my 87 with new Tems from Toyota back in 99.

·
Really ????
318 Posts
Front are Dropzones in this pic.... Tooooooo low....

H&R's with Tokico Illumina 2's in front, stock TEMS in the rear.....

·
Driving: 1991 Supra Turbo
960 Posts
Dropzones are shit H&R will allow a lower stance with quality in the ride. Just saying been there done that. I am curious though what happened to Intrax springs ha. I had them on my 87 with new Tems from Toyota back in 99.
Intrax springs sit really weird. The front is a bit higher than the rear; it had kind of a Camaro stance which didn't look right in a Supra. A friend of mine had them for a while before he bought a set of H&Rs and sold the Intrax.

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
Your friend is smart. As far as the dropzones go its about after they have seen a season of temp and use that you see their true craftsmanship and quality. Sag, and slop will occur for your sake hopefully not (rickstar22), You have a clean car brother, ditch the springs asap and go with some H&R. They will eventually stop performing how you want them to.
Back on the Intrax springs topic yeah they sat higher at first but sagged nicely for the end result. plus the cost vs. performance back in 99 was good and well above the norm. They in the end result are insufficient. H&R+Koni custom valve are the best setup for a spring/strut combo. IMHO. -Jason

·
Really ????
318 Posts
Your friend is smart. As far as the dropzones go its about after they have seen a season of temp and use that you see their true craftsmanship and quality. Sag, and slop will occur for your sake hopefully not (rickstar22), You have a clean car brother, ditch the springs asap and go with some H&R. They will eventually stop performing how you want them to.
See second photo....lol

·
murdering the wallet
1,386 Posts
I would be an asshole and tell you to search, because this has been covered more than a million times. But some asshat will provide pictures of their bucket in a lame attempt to show off their piece of shit Supra.

And you will also get the assholes who will tell you to get coilovers without providing any logic reasoning to back their opinion up.

Good luck.
Hah, I'll show off my piece of shit. B&G springs drop 1.5 front and rear with tokico blues

·
weaksauce, work on it...
659 Posts
Not bad, how do the b&g springs feel? Just bought a set with kby gr2's for my gf's 89. Haven't had time to install yet but hopefully there better than the blown out OEM spec she's currently running.

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
thanks rickstar, those pics do all the justice i needed to finalize the decision. one question though, how does the tems system work with the tokico's? is it a drastic difference between settings?

my integra had kyb adjustables and the 4 settings they had were ridiculous, even the softest setting was stiff (to my liking) but anything above a 2 was stupid firm.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ASSHAT here with his bucket attempting to show off his lame ass supra :hay:

im running eibach pro lower springs with napa struts
great ride IMO
not to bumpy and not to soft
they have been on for about 4 months now
pic in my sig is of my bucket lowered

·
Really ????
318 Posts
thanks rickstar, those pics do all the justice i needed to finalize the decision. one question though, how does the tems system work with the tokico's? is it a drastic difference between settings?
I'm low and slow...lol Haven't gone on a real spirited curvy road yet, just normal driving. In that kind of driving (city and highway) I still notice a little difference, I prefer sport mode, more feel of the road I think.

·
Bert's Ban Club
1,637 Posts
/\ Rob, that picture was taken in Daly City, wasn't it?

Good luck.
Only because Degree asked for it:

Eibachs, the day after installation. There is slightly less wheel gap now after they're broken in.

You should just get coil overs, because they're

1 - 20 of 38 Posts