Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my car with some eibachs. I have a garage, a floor jack, four jackstands and basic tools. Will I be able to do this myself?

·
Registered
296 Posts
alignment

Just a word of advise.

Be sure to get your car the proper alignment once you install the new set of springs. I made this mistake just about four months ago and now my tires are gone! I have to get new set of tires because the inside wears are pretty bad for all four.

There are good articles to show you how you can do the right alignment in mkiv.com technical

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
For one thing , you'll need a spring compressor. Two, if you haven't already installed upgraded shocks, now is the time to do so.

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who's got aftermarket shocks? how are they? i was gonna do it when i got the Eibachs, but decided to save the money for now. any ideas?

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i have agx's and they work great

·
Registered
296 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
supra4life, that might not be the safest thing to do. each set of springs is specially designed for the car (wieght, suspension system, etc.)... if you've got a set on you car that's not made for it... it might lead to bad results. be careful, take care.

just my 2 cents

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I have my car torn apart. Eibach springs. Here's the stupid question. Which ones are the front and which are for the rear.

The springs are long and short. The short one is abot one inch shorter than the short one but I want to make sure.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what i did too. Based on the spring's wire diameters I think that should be right. I got the front done right now. It doesn't look any lower. I'll move to the back.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Re: alignment

supra4life said:
Just a word of advise.

Be sure to get your car the proper alignment once you install the new set of springs. I made this mistake just about four months ago and now my tires are gone! I have to get new set of tires because the inside wears are pretty bad for all four.

There are good articles to show you how you can do the right alignment in mkiv.com technical
Is this because your tires had a sort of / \ slant to it because of the new springs?

I heard this can be avoided by getting new adjustable shocks as well.

I think it'd be safer to get shocks WITH springs and get them done professionally, than just springs because the stock shocks aren't really meant for the 1-2" drop right?

I plan on doing this too, good thread, thanks for the info and pics.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the job done. Thanks to everyone who helped. This is a great owner's forum.

:)

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i think the agx's are the same. for the eibach's, the front is lowered 1.3 in the front and 1.0 in the back for the tt, and for the n/a 1.2 in the front and 1.0 in the back... uhhh.. or is it the other way around...hmmm...... well at least i got the numbers right... i'm pretty sure that's how it is.:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think the agx's are the same. for the eibach's, the front is lowered 1.3 in the front and 1.0 in the back for the tt, and for the n/a 1.2 in the front and 1.0 in the back... uhhh.. or is it the other way around...hmmm...... well at least i got the numbers right... i'm pretty sure that's how it is.

Its the other way around.
I have Supra TT Eibach pros and KYB AGX on my Sc300. I love how Supra and SC300 suspensions are the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts