Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after sitting in the garage for a couple years it seemed that I had lost my coil springs for my LQ9s..I did end up finding them, but in the process realized how hard it is to find replacements. I know they can be bought from Mojo for $25 bucks a set..

Where else can you get them? I have been to all of the local chains and all of them show the boots coming with springs, but none of them actually have springs in the box with the boot..I was told use CP059 as the part number to order the boots w/ springs.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I had the same problem. I went to Toyota and asked for just the springs and boots. They said I would have to buy the entire coil if I want the spring. So instead I just googled images of coil to plug contact springs until I found some that looked like they would work. I found this: http://www.b15u.com/threads/11864-Fixing-Your-Coilpack-w-Breakdown-Pics

I purchased the Nissan spring repair kit Nissan part number 22468-6N225. It should be around 22 dollars. I cut the section of the spring out that I needed. It fit snug. That was my solution. I also tried ordering a boot kit from Summit racing before I tried the Nissan kit. Of course the picture online had springs in it but it didn't come with springs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on the part number but I got mine from kragen for $5-6 each. Boot and spring.
Interesting...I don't have a kraken around me, but if I just order boots for a gte that will have springs?

I had the same problem. I went to Toyota and asked for just the springs and boots. They said I would have to buy the entire coil if I want the spring. So instead I just googled images of coil to plug contact springs until I found some that looked like they would work. I found this: http://www.b15u.com/threads/11864-Fixing-Your-Coilpack-w-Breakdown-Pics

I purchased the Nissan spring repair kit Nissan part number 22468-6N225. It should be around 22 dollars. I cut the section of the spring out that I needed. It fit snug. That was my solution. I also tried ordering a boot kit from Summit racing before I tried the Nissan kit. Of course the picture online had springs in it but it didn't come with springs.
Solid idea..thanks!

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Some do, some dont. I remember one in rockauto had the boot/spring but I dont remember the name of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some do, some dont. I remember one in rockauto had the boot/spring but I dont remember the name of the manufacturer.
Yeah..which is not helpful when I really just need the coil springs! lol

Mojo Performance (speedtech on the forum) sells a full set of stainless high current springs for $20 - $25.

I just installed mine and they seem to work well.
Yeah, I just wanted another option..perhaps something I could find locally in a pinch.

i'll get the part number for you in the AM.
Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Mojo springs are made of thicker wire than the OEM type and have more tension. They were sourced because some users reported that the stockers did not carry the increased current well and overheated/burned.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting..well, should we have any issue with the ones I have, I will be in contact. Thank you for posting this up!

Are you, by chance, making coil brackets for a GE head with TT valve covers?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know but he doesn't sell just the springs on his site.
He does..they are $25 bucks..it is at the bottom of the page on the 2JZ kit info tab.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts