Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LQ9 coil set to install on my build. I have a Mojo GE bracket on the way for the coils, but I am reading that I need additional spacer because I am using TT valve covers..anyone know off-hand what the spacer length needs to be?

..I am realizing that I probably didn't need TT bolts for my VCs, lol.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks!

Did you have to remove the studs to make that work?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok..so here is how is the combo I have:

TT Valve Covers
GE Head
Mojo GE Coil Bracket (modified)

I had to modify the bracket with notches to clear the cross over nipples, which really wasn't a huge deal. I had to get longer bolts (longer than even the GE valve cover bolts), spacers, and remove the studs that are in the front and back (they are too short).

Bolts are M6 x 55mm
Spacers are 1/4" ID x 1/4" height x 1/2" OD (I think that is the OD)

This bolt length seems to reach and properly torque down.

In order to keep the spacer/sealing washer in place while I put the bracket in, I put a dab of rtv on the spacer and the sealing washer to keep then from falling all over the place.

The spacer goes in between the existing standoff on the bottom of the bracket and the sealing washer on the valve cover.

Here are a couple pictures..the spacer is the white part you see.

I also had to open up the connector side of the opening for the coils on the bracket because the way this was cut, the connnectors of the pairs of coils were too close together so I could not get both connectors on...but I didn't buy this directly from Rick, so I am guessing this is a knockoff someone made. I also had to cut down the back of the bracket around the heater line otherwise it would rub on the hose (I think this is just an issue for me since the engine is so far back in my E36, and the hose is up against the wiper motor cowl.)

Anyway..if anyone has questions, please let me know!

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Nice job and good write up!

p.s. never saw hose clamps on the pieces that connect the valve covers... I've never had an issue and I don't use any hose clamps there... Shouldn't be enough pressure to blow those off...

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts

p.s. never saw hose clamps on the pieces that connect the valve covers... I've never had an issue and I don't use any hose clamps there... Shouldn't be enough pressure to blow those off...
During boost leak tests they can leak. I have mine zip tied for this reason.

Steve K.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
During boost leak tests they can leak. I have mine zip tied for this reason.

Steve K.
Interesting... I am going to have to do a boost leak test again to see if mine leaks there once it's running again...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

When my TT covers came there were clamps on the line, so I assumed they were needed.

Thanks for the link to your thread btw! It was very helpful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts