Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my new LS Fabrication build on the dyno for the first time on Monday With Lawrence remote tuning from Cali.

This was essentially the existing street tune that Lawrence did remotely for my Autocross adventures. In terms of making power the car has GSC S1 cams and the 6466 with a .84 hotside. I went with the .84 divided thinking the turbo would spool slower than I wanted with a 1.00 that Lawrence recomended. After driving the car a bit and the dyno I am going to try the 1.00. The car also made [email protected] 28psi on race gas. We stopped there due to a 10lb wastegate spring limiting us to 28lbs and less than anticipated HP at that boost.

We'll run a 14lb spring and the 1.00 hotside in the next couple weeks and I'll post up the results.

The run is at 25 psi on 92 spraying about 1000cc of 50/50 meth water. There was very little knock but since we are at the limit of what my 315s can hook at 40-80mph we saw no reason to go further in terms of boost or timing for the street tune .

There's some Autocross video at lower boost in the Road Race section of the forum.

Thanks Lawrence!

Attachments

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Very nice!

What are the supporting mods?

For reference I made 647 @ 26 PSI on a PT67 with H cover (3" outlet) on pump and water/meth 50/50mix.

I'm surprised your spool looks virtually the same as mine if not a tad slower.

I did only have a .70 exhaust housing cover. (I wanted spool) so I guess that's what it could be!?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Very nice!....
I'm surprised your spool looks virtually the same as mine if not a tad slower......I did only have a .70 exhaust housing cover. (I wanted spool) so I guess that's what it could be!?
He is spooling faster than you. 300ft @4000 vs your 4200.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Great numbers, I'm very curious to see your results with the 1.00 a/r. What size injectors? What ecu?

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
OP's pull started at about 3300 rpm, over 1000 rpm later than ZaZZn's. If the OP had started at 2200 spool would look even better.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Very nice results!

I used to have a 6466 .84 divided and I put down 530whp on straight 93 20psi stock motor hks 264s so your numbers are right on par id say! I dont think the 1.0 will do much for you on gasoline but good luck and I will be interested to see!

·
Registered
706 Posts
OP's pull started at about 3300 rpm, over 1000 rpm later than ZaZZn's. If the OP had started at 2200 spool would look even better.
Good catch, I wish every dyno started at the same RPM and read identical so comparing graphs online wouldnt be as misleading!

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
Nice numbers! No e85 where you live I take it (HI)?

Steve

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correct no E85. I will post full mods pics etc in the next day.
Short story
LS Fab built motor 25 over
PTE 6466 .84 divided
AEM V2
GSC S1 cleaned up head
shimless buckets Supertech dual spring
JE Asymetrical pistons coated by JE .30 wrist pins
BC625 rods
ACL bearings coated by Calico
E-Bay dual wasegate runner tubular manifold cleaned up
Turbosmart Progate 48 and BOV
Dual walbro to ID 1300cc
eBay stainless midpipe w/WG routed into exhaust
Apexi N1 w/ resonator
Alky Control Meth pump with AEM Meth Failsafe and 1000cc nozzle (FS is actually handled by flow voltage and V2 not FS
Southbend full face Feramic stage 4
Lots of little stuff....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
stock compression?
Out of curiosity what was you're injector duty at on 25psi?

·
12,222 Posts
He is spooling faster than you. 300ft @4000 vs your 4200.
He's @ 4100 for 300 ft lb and it's virtually the same as mine. It looks 300 RPM slower to 500 FT tq.

Very very close no doubt but i though a 64 was supposed to be even faster than the 67 by 800 or so rpm?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
stock compression?
Out of curiosity what was you're injector duty at on 25psi?
9.5:1 CR, [email protected] was 46% fuel pressure 73psi He is spraying a decent amount of Meth/Water.

He's @ 4100 for 300 ft lb and it's virtually the same as mine. It looks 300 RPM slower to 500 FT tq.

Very very close no doubt but i though a 64 was supposed to be even faster than the 67 by 800 or so rpm?
Your 67 with a .70a/r should spool very similar to his 6466 .84. If you were on a stock ecu, you may have had a good amount of timing. Carls tune is very soft.

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Exactly what Lawrence said. Since we are at the traction limit of my current tire 315-30-18 RT615K we left timing and AFR and boost alone. I would imagine spraying a bit less meth a couple of psi later and adding timing would make for notably faster spool. Until I switch to a drag radial or R Compound it would be pointless. Right now we start spraying meth at 8 psi and are all in with over 1000cc at 12 psi. This is a daily driver and I flog the car in all conditions so a soft tune is what I wanted. I know Lawrence can make more power with my setup I just can't use it right now. The pic below shows the power is just right

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
.....Very very close no doubt but i though a 64 was supposed to be even faster than the 67 by 800 or so rpm?
800 rpm....man u must be drinking the ethanol now that you get it...lol

·
12,222 Posts
was aem, and lots of timing left on the table... John left it pretty safe he said. (john reed)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well 1.00 is in just need to do the WG now.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Do you have the graph scaled properly in rpm that you can post up? So that the hp and trq scales are identical on both sides. Right now the hp scale goes to 700 but the trq goes to 600. This could change the whole appearance of the graph.

You will love the 1.00. 81 or 1.00 gets my vote for all these turbos on a 2j.

·
Administrator
8,800 Posts
Exactly what Lawrence said. Since we are at the traction limit of my current tire 315-30-18 RT615K we left timing and AFR and boost alone. I would imagine spraying a bit less meth a couple of psi later and adding timing would make for notably faster spool. Until I switch to a drag radial or R Compound it would be pointless. Right now we start spraying meth at 8 psi and are all in with over 1000cc at 12 psi. This is a daily driver and I flog the car in all conditions so a soft tune is what I wanted. I know Lawrence can make more power with my setup I just can't use it right now. The pic below shows the power is just right
I assume by the photo the car made enough power to barrel roll :werdlol:

Sweet car and build...Lawrence seems to know his stuff.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have the graph scaled properly in rpm that you can post up? So that the hp and trq scales are identical on both sides. Right now the hp scale goes to 700 but the trq goes to 600. This could change the whole appearance of the graph.

You will love the 1.00. 81 or 1.00 gets my vote for all these turbos on a 2j.
I'll post force scaled graphs tonight

1 - 20 of 30 Posts