Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After typing a long story I found out the thread was closed:mad: Anyway, we met last night checked each others cars. Or rather the mob of KIDS did and we chatted. Most of the guys there are import drivers and kept telling me I was going to get smoked. Anyway first race was from a dead stop until? He wanted some running room and we had several miles of open road. Of course we both spun a little too much since we had to sit there with our tires getting cold waiting for the watch car to phone back. We launch and my door is at his front bumper. through second I pulled a car third I think I pulled 2 more and through fourth I just kept on pulling. This was with me spraying a 100 shot. I slowed for race two, what ended up a 50 mph roll. Not sure if he brake boost or not, but I spun anyway when we hit it. After traction I eased by in third and pulled a few more cars by 120-130 and then let off. On our way back towards town, we line up for a run with me all motor. We hit it from a stop and I launch like I normally do, one of those sweet 1.8ish 60 ft times and start out with a commanding lead, by fourth gear he is inching by me, but once his back bumper is at my door he pulls no more and we continue for a few more seconds until he lets off.

All in all some of the best races I have had. I guess there are some other guys now that want to race me so off i go to fill my bottle.

His car was like I though as far as mods go. The only race I wanted to do was a roll with me NA but it didn't work out(headlights in the distance)

My videos sucked, You can only see headlights and tail lights and the camera kept wanting to focus on my car. I told him to send me his video if it was good, so we will see.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Good job, nice looking Trans Am too :drooling: why no Ram Air? ;) You aren't a P.I.M.P unless you got ram air ;) Also I read it was on the street but how did you pull a 1.8 60' on the street......was that just a guess?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliment on the car. I spent many hours of deliberation before I ordered those wheels. As for the 1.8 60 footer. It was just guess, but you just know when you get that great launch, how it sits you WAY back in your seat.

As for the WS6, I knew I was going to mod the hell outta mine and that was $3000 I got to put towards mods! Not to mention a TA VS WS6 is ALL driver. I get that ol, "Is it a WS6?" me, "no it is the slow Trans Am" :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good kill. Love the way your car looks with the black ZR1's.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice kill man, i mean your running alot more mods than this BPU+ is, if he had a FMIC/s-afc/vpc and some race gas to compensate for your NOS, 19 psi, it would be a good race.

-Brett

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
nice races.. frank right? i think i recognize that as your car :) youve done a lot more since i last saw it :eek: i dunno if you remember me, i had the black SS at reynolds when you first got your car and i had just got my SS... you made a pass or 2 in my SS when me and Jeff with the purple/burgundy Z28 were trying to figure out why it was bogging so bad on launches... and then at a car show in Macon when I first put the nitrous on my SS and I had the ghetto ass dryer hose/cardboard/duct tape intake mod because my hood wouldnt shut with the way i had my nozzles with the normal intake :eek: anyway, havent seen your car around in a while, someone told me you sold it, guess they were wrong :D good kills though, take it easy :)

Chris

·
Resident Mopar Maniac
173 Posts
5LETR said:
After typing a long story I found out the thread was closed:mad: Anyway, we met last night checked each others cars. Or rather the mob of KIDS did and we chatted. Most of the guys there are import drivers and kept telling me I was going to get smoked. Anyway first race was from a dead stop until? He wanted some running room and we had several miles of open road. Of course we both spun a little too much since we had to sit there with our tires getting cold waiting for the watch car to phone back. We launch and my door is at his front bumper. through second I pulled a car third I think I pulled 2 more and through fourth I just kept on pulling. This was with me spraying a 100 shot. I slowed for race two, what ended up a 50 mph roll. Not sure if he brake boost or not, but I spun anyway when we hit it. After traction I eased by in third and pulled a few more cars by 120-130 and then let off. On our way back towards town, we line up for a run with me all motor. We hit it from a stop and I launch like I normally do, one of those sweet 1.8ish 60 ft times and start out with a commanding lead, by fourth gear he is inching by me, but once his back bumper is at my door he pulls no more and we continue for a few more seconds until he lets off.

All in all some of the best races I have had. I guess there are some other guys now that want to race me so off i go to fill my bottle.

His car was like I though as far as mods go. The only race I wanted to do was a roll with me NA but it didn't work out(headlights in the distance)

My videos sucked, You can only see headlights and tail lights and the camera kept wanting to focus on my car. I told him to send me his video if it was good, so we will see.

Awesome story and beautiful TA.

No ramair=unique. :)

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
neonafk said:
nice kill man, i mean your running alot more mods than this BPU+ is, if he had a FMIC/s-afc/vpc and some race gas to compensate for your NOS, 19 psi, it would be a good race.

-Brett
I swear just about every post I read of yours in the Kill Section if a Supra gets beat you make excuses. Why can't you just accept that it DIDN'T have a FMIC/VPC/S-AFC and that it lost? Even if it did have that stuff my money would be on the LS1.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Adam B said:
I swear just about every post I read of yours in the Kill Section if a Supra gets beat you make excuses. Why can't you just accept that it DIDN'T have a FMIC/VPC/S-AFC and that it lost? Even if it did have that stuff my money would be on the LS1.
Well to help put it in perspective, even if the sup had fmic/race gas/yadda yadda, if the LS1 had heads it would have been murder:p

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
bad94sup said:
Well to help put it in perspective, even if the sup had fmic/race gas/yadda yadda, if the LS1 had heads it would have been murder:p
:D Exactly and you my friend are a rare breed. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good kill 5lter, I have a silver 98 Trans Am non Ram Air, I love the way the black rims look on your car, I was thinkin about get my rims powder coated black, but know I am gonna do it for sure. What cam and other bolt ons do you have, Brian R.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Chris,
What is going on? Yes, i still have the beast. I have been thinking of getting rid of it, but can into some money so the beast will be staying. I am still down here in Valdosta, but try to get to Silver Dollar when I can. We will be up that way in the TA for Christmas.

I also see the what ifs. Someone said if I had heads and that is what is in store. Christmas is a wonderful thing so I have a FAT set of stage II heads, fully worked with some VERY light valves and serious double valve springs. Of course when the heads go on the 224/224 is coming out and being replaced with a MUCH MUCH bigger cam. I can't wait to get some dyno results before and after the heads and new cam. Rpms will jump up to 7000 and I can expect high 11s or low low 12s(115-120mph) on motor only. Add a 100-150 shot(gonna convert to wet shot) and watch out, no not the track, but my poor motor that is going to struggle to hold all the power.

Brian here are my mods wet conversion(originally a 5177 kit with all the goodies) and heads coming soon.
Mods: FTRA, SLP MAF, Smooth Bellow, K&N, Lid, TB Bypass, 160 Stat, Thunder Racing 224/224 cam, Comp Cam 918, Chromemoly Pushrods, Taylor 10.4mm, ASP Pullies, SLP Headers w/Racepipes, B&B Tri-Flow, Cut-Out, SLP ST Brace, Eibachs, SLP Swaybars, BMR APR, BMR LCA, All Synthetic Fluids, Spec Stage 3, Built T56, TA Girdle, Hurst Shifter, Manual Fans, Predator, custom tuning, and Black ZR1 Grand Sports With 315s.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
356 Posts
5LETR

Nice kill!!! Next time you race spray 150 wet shot on that LS1. With the MODS you have say hello to 10's.......... Just wondering do you still have the stock 10 bolt rear or 12 bolt??? :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice kill, I wouldn't think a bpu supra would have much of a chance against an ls1 on N20. like the guy above me asked you still on the stock rear-end?

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
STAGED said:

Bottom line: nobody got hurt or lost their license, two fast respectable cars ran, and everybody had fun. That's what matters the most.
That's what it's all about! There's too much overanalysis these days...just race the damn cars, see what beats what and who beats who, then go for beer. It's really as easy as that; no SWAT teams, undercover cops or wannabe wangstas needed. Sure the "car A" COULD have beat "car B" with certain circumstances...these weren't them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts