Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
wow, that'll be a snappy little go cart!

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Damn, they are sticking LSx's in everything now. That actually looks good. I was watching some show on Speed the other day and they were putting a LS7 into a Prowler. :eek:

And does Mazda make any good engines, all their sports cars engines are being swapped out for something else. So far, I have seen SBF, SBC, LSx, S2K motors in Miata, SR20s in both Miatas and FDs and so on.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
definately not the first LS engine in a Miata. There are a few of them roaming the streets, and we are getting very close to a kit.

And yes Mazda made some great engines - its RWD platform, people love to swap anythign they can think of.

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Yeah those LSx miatas are badass, a bit more nose-heavy than the LS1 FD's though. I've always thought of them as the Japanese Shelby Cobras.

G said:
And does Mazda make any good engines, all their sports cars engines are being swapped out for something else. So far, I have seen SBF, SBC, LSx, S2K motors in Miata, SR20s in both Miatas and FDs and so on.
I just think that it's the miata chassis and light weight is so good for the track/auto-x, but the car's price point is such that there is no high performance engine available. All the engines that are being swapped into it like the LSx's and S2k motors come from more expensive cars, cause there isn't really a market for a high-performance miata except for the small amount of people like us.

As far as the FD's, I think that most of us have the same feeling about rotary engines. I have heard a rumor though, that Mazda is putting an end to rotary motors for any future cars :)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
^^ Hell yeah I love the Factory Five GTM. It's not even expensive and no one would know what the hell it is if they saw it on the road. I want to see one in person though, I saw some other pics and I couldn't tell if it was the typical kit-car quality or not. Looks great in those pics though.

·
MKIV Fanboy....
126 Posts
OMG !!! i'm feeling the need to pick up a miata now....

i wonder if i can put a ls6 into a s2k...hmmm....

·
6,137 Posts
Hellspawn said:
^^ Hell yeah I love the Factory Five GTM. It's not even expensive and no one would know what the hell it is if they saw it on the road. I want to see one in person though, I saw some other pics and I couldn't tell if it was the typical kit-car quality or not. Looks great in those pics though.
Although I am a fan of factory five, I was very interested in a Shelby Coupe, but after seeing how much body work needs to be done to the kit just to get it to look presentable, I decided otherwise. This was a few years back, so maybe they have changed a bit...its ashame because the GTM is pretty cool

·
6,137 Posts
explain.

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
u know i just dont like american swaps in any japenese cars. japenese cars and american cars are "generally" built for different purposes. americans usually focus on high hp and straight lines where as japenese cars "generally" focus on good hp with handling in mind. IMHO when u take the engine out of a purpose built sports car, it's like taking the "purpose" out of it. and i know u know i especially hate fd swaps. they are supposed to rev freely to 9k + rpms with the rotary engine. the rotary is what makes the rx7 if u want a less finiky car get one. please believe im not saying i don't see the purpose of swapping out the rotary but, the miata i don't. it has a reliable engine that can make pretty good power and has a low weight. nimbe fun cars and "I" believe thats the way the miata was meant to be (so does the guy who designed it lol). but n e wayz im done this could go back and forth for a life time. im speaking for me and only me.

·
6,137 Posts
you drive an agressively turboed Miata - you just contradicted your whole theory martel.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Purpose Porpoise....

The FD was built to be light, nimble, and fast.

LS1 Equipped the FD is light, nimble, and fast(er). + Reliable.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts