Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i had a shop replace my Diff fluid a week ago. They called up Toyota and asked what fluid to use for an LSD. (i was there when they called them up). Toyota told them to put in the wronf fluid. I presumed that it was the right fluid. drove around for about 50km's then noticed the LSD acting up whenever i was turning. So this being sat i changed out the fluid myself and it got a little better. But it still is not working 100% when you turn it is still jurky. What can be done to fix this? The shop has tryed to flush out the system and put in the proper fluid but still no results. when i swaped it out i put in 90w gl-5 LSD fluid. I droce about 400 km's with the new fluid in thinking that it would need to wear in a bit.

Cliff notes
Shop put in wrong fluid,swaped out after 50mk's. LSD is jurky when turning.

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
if you have a stock LSD, then it should work on any regular gear oil (75-90 or 85-90) LSD gear oil from Sta-lube or Amsoil. I use them on my Supra's and they work perfect.

but if your LSD is still chatterin. drain the gear oil and remove the diff. cover. check the gears and diff. you'll never know if its been upgraded or welded.

aite, peace.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
ford gear lube and additive works great...

yes I did say FORD

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guess i'll give that ford fluid a try and see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts