Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed LSD last night... the pumpkin was marked LSD and the 'wheels' both turn the same way....

i did a burn out leaving work and my coworker said only one tire spun???? That's what I was trying to get away from...

what could be the problem here?

·
Registered
596 Posts
consider the age of the thing...and the miles.

just because it locks with you turn it doesnt mean it locks with 3500lbs are on it.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a_zepeda9236 said:
consider the age of the thing...and the miles.

just because it locks with you turn it doesnt mean it locks with 3500lbs are on it.
I don't know much about LSDs man, are you saying that the thing is just no good anymore? does that happen to LSDs?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
i have a similar problem, making left hand turns my driver side wheel spins only when making a right with some rain it will lock up drift and power slide, doing it to the left only lets 1 wheels turn =/

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
The stock LSD are a clutch pack style limited slip.... the frictional clutches, like the one for your transmission wear out over time. So if the LSD you swaped in has a bunch of miles, or was abused a lot.... well.... peg leggggg
EDIT:
here I pulled some stuff off cygnus

-Dustin

·
Formerly Nosechunks
1,071 Posts
well since this topic has been answered and this question is related....here we go...when u guys change the fluid in ur lsd diff, what do u refill it with? gear oil and an additive im assuming...what additive do u guys use?

·
NorCal Haters Club
2,251 Posts
nosechunks said:
well since this topic has been answered and this question is related....here we go...when u guys change the fluid in ur lsd diff, what do u refill it with? gear oil and an additive im assuming...what additive do u guys use?

We use the Ford Motorsport just because it is cheaper and works relly good. For a normal driver, non drag racer, mix 2oz additive per 1qt gear oil. Valvoline makes a good, reasonably priced synthetic or if you are concerned with heat run Redline.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
I run the redline in mine.... myoilshop.com carries it pretty cheap... just make sure you order the stuff FOR LSD... its has a frictional modifyer (sp) already mixed in

·
NorCal Haters Club
2,251 Posts
catch2nd said:
I run the redline in mine.... myoilshop.com carries it pretty cheap... just make sure you order the stuff FOR LSD... its has a frictional modifyer (sp) already mixed in
Don't always trust the oils that have the lsd fluid mixed in. A llot of times the mixture isn't correct. We have experience in this situation.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
jawsgear said:
Don't always trust the oils that have the lsd fluid mixed in. A llot of times the mixture isn't correct. We have experience in this situation.

Good to know.... FWIW, the redline has been working well.... I have about 8k on the fluid and the LSD still comes on strong

-Dustin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts