Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if i can just get an 8 inch sub and lay it down in the back? (mounted down of close) It'll still hit at least right? im not looking for major bass..just sometihng better than bazooka tubes without taking out the spare tire or spending a massive amount of cash.

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
You mean with no box? Just have it chillin in the hatch area? :dunno:

Or do you mean in a box, just firing down, as opposed to up or towards the back of the car?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in a box lying down facing towards the back, not a huge bass fan, but i just want something decent.

·
Registered
703 Posts
To me 8" subs are just seem to produce more of a midbass rather than somethign liek a 10 or 12. 8 is just too small to put out the lows of certain songs. The smallest sub I'd go with is a 10". Though if you give the 8 enough power it might sound alright.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
if your getting an 8 you might want to mount it facing upward because an 8 wont hit that hard as it is (unless its a 8w7). or if you just want SOME bass you might as well just get some powerful mid.'s.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i have a 12" adire shiva in a cheap ass walmart box just chillin in the trunk space...its fits nicely mated up against my rear strut with a good 4-5 inches of clearance from the glass...but then again...im a hardtop so top storage isnt a concern for me..

P

·
0 Posts
RScott

Can you post a picture of your sub+box mounted in your supra ?

Cheers

Geoff

·
Registered
212 Posts
supralover93 said:
if your getting an 8 you might want to mount it facing upward because an 8 wont hit that hard as it is (unless its a 8w7). or if you just want SOME bass you might as well just get some powerful mid.'s.
i heard a w7 8 in a car, a hatch, and my mid bass has more sound than those do

im not a JL fan at all, i buy TREO

·
Registered
730 Posts
ill have pics by sunday hopefully...need to get my spare back in there so my trunk isnt caving in
also...my amp just fell off of the back of my seat so i need to resecure that before the photoshoot =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts