Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just got a brand new set of m&h 275/50/17 mounted on the stock tt rim. I am going to the dragstrip to "pop my cherry" i have never draged at a track or with drag radials maybe you guys can give me a few setup tips. i was thinking of setting the 2 step (phillips long) @ about 5700 rpm and hope for the best! i am unsure what tire pressure to start with??? maybe 18 psi? any help would be great. thanks in advance...:wavey:

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
I would definately drive to the track with the tires on to heat cycle them. Your speedo will read 6-7 MPH low at 70-75 MPH, so adjust speed accordingly!

18 psi will work.

Al

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i was planing to go out and practice launching off the 2 step a few times and the drive out to the quiet back woods road would be about 30 miles drive that should be good right? i was going to use other rims to drive the 75 miles to the track.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had these same tires and did poopy. LMK know how you do. My main problem was the lack of 2step/anti-lag :(

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
thanks i was planing to go out and practice launching off the 2 step a few times and the drive out to the quiet back woods road would be about 30 miles drive that should be good right? i was going to use other rims to drive the 75 miles to the track.
I drive 90 miles to the track on mine. I would not do a lot of street driving (curves!) with them set on 18 psi.

Al

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not planing on driving on the street with low pressure just at the track. anyone care to chime in with what psi they had good luck with? and maybe some tips on the best way to launch these tires and the 2-step..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts