Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking to get a new car but not sure what to get. I looking at something with daily driver and not to "flashy", im steering clear of z06, vipers and the like. was thinking more along the lines of a M3 or an S4. can anyone give me some advice, and any other car like the M3 or S4 I forgot. Just going for something that can be made fast, fun to drive, and not to attention getting where ever i go. looking at around 55-60k, thanks for any help

also the only thing i cant find is a forum for S4, any help

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
For $47K you can buy my Porsche :agreed:

But if not, I think both of them are good choices. Maybe also wait and see what happens with the Lexus F series...might be pretty neat cars also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Other choices could be a Cadillac cts-V. I have one and love it. Great breaks, great power and great fun. They also come fully loaded with the only option being a dealer installed shock package. The 04-05 V's have LS6 motors, while the 06 and on have LS2's. Aftermarket is pretty healthy, but the car has a weak rear end. Other than that, they make great daily drivers with room for 4 (rear headroom isn't that great though). Other options include the various SRT Dodge and Chrysler offerings.

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
If you're going to spend that much, definitely wait for the new V8 M3. It's going to be more car than any Audi short of their new exotic could ever hope to be.

I would also take an E46 M3 over any S4, any day. S4's are just boring cars to drive, and Audi quality is horrendous.

·
[///M] Humdizzle
1,130 Posts
i'd suggest a used e39 m5. Definitely more rare than a M3 and its got the power to match the cts-v.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
S4's are just boring cars to drive, and Audi quality is horrendous.
you're kidding, right? :dunno:

what s4's have YOU driven that were boring?????????

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would also take an E46 M3 over any S4, any day. S4's are just boring cars to drive, and Audi quality is horrendous.
This is the most uninformed thing I've heard in a while. I've owned 2 E46 M3's and they were always in the shop for stupid warning lights and recalls. I've had 8 S4's both B5 and B6. The only S4 problems I had were wheel bearings on the B5's. I actually enjoy driving the S4's better than the M3's, but that is just my opinion. The B6's are my choice for a DD.

·
Registered
357 Posts
was looking to get a new car but not sure what to get. I looking at something with daily driver and not to "flashy", im steering clear of z06, vipers and the like. was thinking more along the lines of a M3 or an S4. can anyone give me some advice, and any other car like the M3 or S4 I forgot. Just going for something that can be made fast, fun to drive, and not to attention getting where ever i go. looking at around 55-60k, thanks for any help

also the only thing i cant find is a forum for S4, any help
audiworld.com

audizine.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sold my 2000 S4 with full rs4 upgrades (minus widebody) for a 2005 M3, and though the S4 was a blast to drive, the M3 is much much more refined and a much better drive. I would go with the M3. But the band new S4's are amazing also. If you can wait it out and see the new M3.

·
Banned
612 Posts
2001, felt very disconnected to the road

PS: good vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz39I589Yjk
youre talking about a car that is 6+ years old! I bet if you were to drive an audi from 05 to 07 your opinion would be a little different

I was a little leary about buying an S4 after hearing all the stories. I quickly saw that those stories were coming from those who were either audi haters to begin with or seriously missinformed. Ive had my 06 S4 for 3 months and its been nothing but great.

Check out www.audiworld.com and www.audizine.com. If youre in the northeast and looking for an audi I suggest checking out www.riversideaudi.com. They are the nations largest audi dealership and I have nothing but praise for them. They have taken care of me better than any dealership I have ever dealt with and would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Wait a minute....your looking at spending $55-60k! Wait till the New M3 comes out or get a used E46. With that kind of money you can get whatever you like - even a used, very nicely taken care of - 911 Turbo.

But when it comes to the Audi or the BMW - M3 all the way. We were in the same situation about 3 years ago (2004), and went with the M3.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I drive a 2001 S4 with APR's stage 3 upgrade (rs4 turbos, fuel, etc ran [email protected]) and had a chance to drive a lightly modded e46 m3 around earlier tonight... No contest between the two. The m3 is a great looking car, but I think I liked just about every aspect of my audi more. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent car, but I couldn't see why it gets all of the hype that it does. The steering felt great (maybe a little overboosted though), the interior was so so, and power was lacking. Furthermore, my friends car was in the shop for quite some time for issues they could never fix properly. On the other hand, I bought my s4 for under 25k with just about all of the mods that are on it and haven't had a single problem :)

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
youre talking about a car that is 6+ years old! I bet if you were to drive an audi from 05 to 07 your opinion would be a little different

I was a little leary about buying an S4 after hearing all the stories. I quickly saw that those stories were coming from those who were either audi haters to begin with or seriously missinformed. Ive had my 06 S4 for 3 months and its been nothing but great.

Check out www.audiworld.com and www.audizine.com. If youre in the northeast and looking for an audi I suggest checking out www.riversideaudi.com. They are the nations largest audi dealership and I have nothing but praise for them. They have taken care of me better than any dealership I have ever dealt with and would recommend them to anyone.
I drove that car a long time ago. I think 02 or 03. Maybe I will test drive one. I probably wouldn't buy one, styling isn't my taste, but I always love trying out cars. :)

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
S4 always seemed like the more exciting car with tons more potential. The M3 is nice, but too civil when compared to the S4. As an FI lover, I would pick a turbo S4 every time.

·
Ninja Engineer!
336 Posts
the new 335 bimmer. heard nothing but great things about it and isn't much slower than the M3 but one heller of a looker and a nice sum cheaper.... A friend has it but havn't tried it my self yet...

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
the new 335 bimmer. heard nothing but great things about it and isn't much slower than the M3 but one heller of a looker and a nice sum cheaper.... A friend has it but havn't tried it my self yet...
You can get an E46 m3 for cheaper than a new 335i easy..

Unless you are talking about the new M3 which, of course, will be MUCH faster in every way than the 335.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Dam exhaust on the isf looks a little weird don't know if i like it or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts