Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with the 'Harman Kardon premium sound' factory installed on the M3? if so, what do you think about it? its an extra $675, im wondering if its going to be MUCh better if i get the stock sound system, and drop a couple thousand on aftermarket sound system products..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd ask the guys over at www.dtmpower.net. They're a big BMW forum.....

From what I've heard, the answer is "no", it's not worth the $675. Better off going aftermarket.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wanna give me a link to that thread? i've been lookin around, haven't seen any concrete answers..

$675 isn't a whole lot of money for a fairly good system.. can run up to $5k in aftermarket products, which is OBIVOUSLy a lot better but common, thats an extra $4000..

would the harman kardon w/ an aftermakert amp do the trick?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xPoPox said:
wanna give me a link to that thread? i've been lookin around, haven't seen any concrete answers..

$675 isn't a whole lot of money for a fairly good system.. can run up to $5k in aftermarket products, which is OBIVOUSLy a lot better but common, thats an extra $4000..

would the harman kardon w/ an aftermakert amp do the trick?

that thread probably doesn't exist over there....go ahead and register and create the thread. if you're looking to buy a e46 M3 you should probably register anyway and visit there frequently for help and answers.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, i got an M3 that was in stock (JUST THE WAY I WANTED IT, just not the harman kardon system)

i gotta say its pretty good considering that its not the 'premium package'

but i want to drop a couple thousand in the sound system.. any suggestions? im not very knowledgeble on sound system parts, but i do appreciate good quality =p

for some info: hm, im not all bout bass.. i dont' want to be takin up my whole trunk space, good balance between treble and bass, CLEAR sound.. etc.. all the good stuff. also im thinking not to get a headunit because it just looks out of place on the M3 dash..

so help would be appreciated, thanks =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts