Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
7M-GTEU Turbo-A Powered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between the MA70 and the JZA70. The reason I was asking is because I found a big brake system by GReddy/Alcon but it says its for the JZA70. Also were there any changes from the 88 supra to the 90 supra in the braking system ?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
ABS was an option on the 87's. and 88's.... the 89+ was standard with ABS i belive for DOT reasons.....

but the Ma70 had the 1ggte,7m-ge, and the 7mgte....teh JZA70 had the JZ series motor....1jz ( 2.5 liter inline 6)......and the mk4 supra with the code name JZA80...

hope that helps clear up something..

-Jonathan

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
^no the mkiii has the 1G-GTE motor r called GA70, MA70 r only with the 7m series motor but rest of it is right. just to clear things up

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
simann said:
ABS was an option on the 87's. and 88's.... the 89+ was standard with ABS i belive for DOT reasons.....

but the Ma70 had the 1ggte,7m-ge, and the 7mgte....teh JZA70 had the JZ series motor....1jz ( 2.5 liter inline 6)......and the mk4 supra with the code name JZA80...

hope that helps clear up something..

-Jonathan
ABS wasn't standard until 91.

The MA70 has the 7M-GE or 7M-GTE engine, the JZA70 has the 1JZ-GTE engine, and the GA70 has the 1G-GE or 1G-GTE engine.

The front brakes are going to be identical between the MA70 and JZA70, however on ABS-equipped JZA70's they had a 4-channel ABS setup as opposed to the MA70's 3-channel ABS. I don't believe this will affect that though, as if they didn't specifiy for ABS or not, it won't matter.

The brakes on the car never changed, and there would only be basically 3 brake setups, non-ABS, 3-channel ABS, and 4-channel ABS. I don't think that would affect the brake upgrade though.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: drjonez

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
I new someone would clear the mess up! :bigthumb:

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
ABS wasn't standard until 91.

The MA70 has the 7M-GE or 7M-GTE engine, the JZA70 has the 1JZ-GTE engine, and the GA70 has the 1G-GE or 1G-GTE engine.

The front brakes are going to be identical between the MA70 and JZA70, however on ABS-equipped JZA70's they had a 4-channel ABS setup as opposed to the MA70's 3-channel ABS. I don't believe this will affect that though, as if they didn't specifiy for ABS or not, it won't matter.

The brakes on the car never changed, and there would only be basically 3 brake setups, non-ABS, 3-channel ABS, and 4-channel ABS. I don't think that would affect the brake upgrade though.

Good luck. :)
finally some good CORRECT info on this thread.....

that said, any BBK should be interchangeable between any A70.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
am i correct in assuming that your rotors didn't change size in mid 89? are all of your year mk3's got the same size rotors.. if so.. what size?

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
lmao

i would crack up if you got the weiner ones :p
here we got two sizes... 280mm or 11" and 300mm or 11.8" give or take a few mm
280mm ones came on 86-88.. 89-92 got the 300mm ones

some more stuff for you to remember now Jeff :p

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
what sorta info... they're like identical.. but smaller lol
theres more meat room on the rotor for brake pads

so yea.. here we have to be careful ordering our pads and stuff coz most of the time the books are wrong and have the wrong sizes... it dun matter how many times i argue with them.. a girl just can't be right lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
yeah....it'd prbly be cheaper to get the Brembo BBK then this.....

Andriy

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
go with the ls400 brakes....save a ton of money.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts