Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I would like to know where to wire in my MAC 3 port solenoid on my 2JZ GTE going single soon. Which VSV wires would I use? I'm using Haltech Elite 2500. Thank you

Jay

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,311 Posts
DPO 1, 2, or 3 - pins 1, 18, or 23 on A connector

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
DPO 1, 2, or 3 - pins 1, 18, or 23 on A connector

Hey Patrick, sounds like you also have the Haltech Elite ECU;) Thank you for your help! I just dont want to clip off the wrong connector so just to be 100% certain, I would like to choose pin A23/DPO3. Can you point out which vsv it is in the diagram above please?
Jay

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,311 Posts
Yeah so DPO 3. I don’t have a Haltech but I’ve worked with a few. Is your car running a haltech now on stock twins? Or you are gonna install the Haltech when you go single?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks. Yeah I had been running the Haltech with stock twins/bpu with 272's for about 500kms then noticed I was getting knock regardless of the AFR's looking normal. Going single over next winter so the car will sit and slowly be dismantled awaiting new fuel system and turbo kit. Leaning towards FSR kit.
Patrick just to be sure, 1. am I going to use the plug from the lime green vsv in picture above?
2. Does it matter which wires from MAC go into the plug? I hate wiring...

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,311 Posts
Honestly I’ve never used the factory plug (I run my own two wires) but based on the diagram you sent I believe you are correct about using the lime green (VSV for wastegate valve). Polarity doesn’t matter on the solenoid as long as one wire gets switch 12v and the other gets signal to ECU (in your case DPO3). I would take a voltmeter and test for continuity between DPO3 at the Haltech connector and that plug for the wastegate VSV and go from there.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,311 Posts
For a circumstance like this I would run a two-wire loom through the factory firewall boot with the engine harness but when I'm doing this I'm also wiring in other sensors like fuel and oil pressure, IAT, etc. If you want to utilize the factory harness I think you are on the right track. Just find out if DPO3 on ECU connector has continuity to that wastegate VSV.

Reactions: rallly
1 - 8 of 8 Posts