·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do this.....but have a few questions

1.)how to build a custom mount

2.)how to control the sound of speakers

3.)how to setup a navigation system

4.)how to make it so that it's always on so i can put it in hybernate mode while the car is offthis

H

·
0 Posts
save yourself a huge headache and take it to a shop thats what i did and i love the mini mac its a great little comp

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
i was thinking about doing something like that in my car with na old comp and itunes.

For power you'd need to either turn it on and off with the car, or wire it to constant but i'm sure that would kill your battery fast.

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hardtopsilver said:
save yourself a huge headache and take it to a shop thats what i did and i love the mini mac its a great little comp

ok i have a few questions

1.) how much did they charge

2.) where did u/can u get it done

3.) do you have the navigation

3.) do you have the mac mini in your car

·
Registered
831 Posts
ATT! THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!

Anybody know any shops in the Dallas area that can tackle a Mac Mini Install?

Thanks;
Will.... :D

H

·
0 Posts
AMAZING! With are the cars you guys own, and assuming you customized those in some way, you still ask how to put in a simple appliance? I guess I now see the point of not jackin-around and just have some one else do it for you...

·
Registered
831 Posts
HotGreekInASupra said:
AMAZING! With are the cars you guys own, and assuming you customized those in some way, you still ask how to put in a simple appliance? I guess I now see the point of not jackin-around and just have some one else do it for you...
I stopped screwing up my cars trying to work on them myself about 20 years ago.......
I for one am not out to be the first guy to install his own MacMini in his Supra, just maybe one of the first ones to have it work right with the applications I've planned for it. And if theres 1 thing I know better than trying myself, it's installing audio, computer and electronic equipment in THE CARS I OWN....
Shees, I cn barely type ths rply............

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HotGreekInASupra said:

maybe i shoulda clarified myself....i was referring to the screen when i was talking about the mount..... n e wayz my main concern is gettin the navigation how would u ad this?

H

·
0 Posts
Will- I hear you. I guess after 25 years I am really tired of shoddy work I received because I could afford to go outside with soemthing like this. Instead, and after many complaints from the wife, I do the work once and spread it out over several weekends and all is well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts