Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All,

Just looking for some guidance on what prices I should be expected to see when having my 2jz engine built.
Building the bottom end and the head and will also have billet main caps from RS installed.

Just curious to see what the average costs for the above work is

Feel free to comment with any feedback / input you think may benefit the post

I know I am over in Ireland and prices here will be different etc

Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
Afternoon All,

Just looking for some guidance on what prices I should be expected to see when having my 2jz engine built.
Building the bottom end and the head and will also have billet main caps from RS installed.

Just curious to see what the average costs for the above work is

Feel free to comment with any feedback / input you think may benefit the post

I know I am over in Ireland and prices here will be different etc

Thanks
Cleaning all parts
For fitting pistons to cylinders
fitting pins
fitting rods to crank
align boring the block for billet mains
setting clearances for rod and main bearings and including the bearings
and filing the rings

total was $1750 for the machine work with out assembly. Doing the billet mains is where most of the cost is

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the rough cost involved for just the machine work for a set of billet main caps?

·
Administrator
8,312 Posts
i had my bottom end done here by a well known shop RPE . I want to say I was in it for around 2600 which included line boring the RS mains, cylinder boring, and full assembly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got 2 prices so far over here. Engine is currently on engine stand in garage awaiting to go for a built.

1 - Bring engine and all parts to builder, all labor and machine work completed - 3500 euro + vat

2 - Labor to strip / build engine 1500 euro. Block and head to be outsourced for all machine work

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doing this rt now and it’s going to be right around $2,750 for assembled long block minus parts. For hot tank, mag for cracks, bore, hone, deck, clean, line bore billet mains, 3 angle valve job, measuring for shimless buckets etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts