Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been digging through trying to find a write up on EVERYTHING that's invovled in deleted the MAF and going to a MAP. I know you can do it with AEM but I'm really looking for the simplest way. Is there a block for the MAP sensor? What electronics do you use? I know the VPC is discontinued now so what else is there? Did I miss a sticky somewhere? This seems like it would be an easy to find topic as I still haven't run into anybody who'd rather have their MAF than a MAP system.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
about the simplest way to convert from MAF to MAP is to get a MAP ECU

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no not exactly- how does just wiring in a piggyback ECU allow you to have a MAP system? How does it get a reading of manifold pressure without having a MAP sensor actually tapped into the intake manifold?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWESOME man thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for. Where do you usually run the vacuum from? (stock GTE intake manifold)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Mine it tied into the back of the intake manifold ...I forget what was there but it was removed, maybe EGR related though not sure now.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I used the BOV line to t it in. It´s back at the firewall and worked great for me.

·
Boost Junkie
12,624 Posts
The best thing to do is to use some aluminum or stainless brake line and use as little vacuum line as possible for this line.

Steve

·
The Don of SF!!!
89 Posts
VPC or MAP .... personally i say go with the VPC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts