Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automotive Technician
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this item on ebay and was wondering what exactly this would do for our engines. i know it is mass air flow as opposed to an airflow meter. are there any gains to be had?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have one currently on my car and it works fine for the money......its a little bit of a PITA for the person tuning your car lol, cuz it uses knobs and theirs no digital display or anything....if you don't care about the AFM still being on your car i would go SAFC. I got the MAF Translator because i have a bigger turbo and the stock AFM doesn't fit on the intake pipe i currently have.......It looks really nice not having a AFM tho and i have the MAF sensor on my intercooler pipe down under the bumper where you cant see it......Im about to go standalone now but the MAF Translator works decently.

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
The main reason people buy this is so they can put the GM AFM after the turbo, in "blow-through" mode, so that when you vent your blow-off valve to atmosphere, it doesn't flood the engine, because you are venting unmetered air. But I've heard of a few guys saying it doesn't work that great in blow-through mode, and have trouble tuning it.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
What all does the MAFT kit consist of? Anybody have a pic of everything? Level of difficulty of installation?

·
Registered
260 Posts
thats what i plan to run... i hope it works out well.

also if you unplug your stock o2 sensor and wire a wideband into the maf translator, you can tune your partial throttle settings i believe. it will throw a cel but will allow a good deal of tuning. theres a lot of writeups on using them on supras just do a google search and you'll find plenty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts