Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1987 mk3 supra, 7mgte r154
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so heres the thing, i have a maft pro wired into the cars harness, sodered so no bad connections. I also have an innovate motorsports lc-1 and innovate motorsports db wideband guage thats hooked in.

Im using the diagram for wiring from this site (very last diagram):
http://www.fadingworld.com/CRE/Automotive/Supra/Electrical/MAFT Pro/MAFTwriteup/WiringDiagrams.html

It stays at a constant 5.01v when the car is idling or even just in the ignition key position and reading a 22.39 afr constantly. Is that supposed to happen? so since its doing that the car is just spraying so much fuel, the plugs are pitch black and im not sure why the maft is reading a constant 5 volts. I plugged the lc1 (red) power wire into the same switched 12v that the maft is set to (+B1)

Blue and white wires grounded together (like the diragram)

Analog 2 wire (brown) is in the wideband input for the maft pro. The gauge is using that wire too to get afr's to display (pin 1)

Analog ground wire (green) is on the mafts wideband ground (pin 2)

Calibration wire (black) is grounded with the push button and led in between but the led wont turn on unless blue and white grounds aren't being grounded. And the green takes its place being grounded on the car. Essentially, take the green wire and maft wire from pin 2 and ground them to the chassis but leave the white and blue wires hanging and the led lights up.

Im just very lost here, i have to feather the gas to keep the car alive if not it stalls out if i do keep it alive i can tell its running so rich. Stock fuel pressure through aero fpr

The maft pro is version 4.4 and have a serial to usb to update it to 5.0 and even have the TPCU and .s19 file from the fullthrottle forum. Its just every time i click update and choose the file with the maft pro plugged in with the correct COM picked it says "could not find update program" i found a page that says to "hold the left two buttons on the translator pro while powering the unit. Then click "update", choose the .S19 file you want, and follow the instructions on screen to ypdate the T-pro!"

But it always just says could not find update program and nothing appears on screen of the maft pro even if i hold it for a couple minutes. I need some help and would really appreciate any opinion that you guys have. Im also located in Lancaster PA if anyone would be willing to help me out, ill buy lunch and some beer

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went ahead and bought an lc-2, ships june 5th and will post here again with the results, hopefully a good one

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Analog 2 wire (brown) is in the wideband input for the maft pro. The gauge is using that wire too to get afr's to display (pin 1)

Analog ground wire (green) is on the mafts wideband ground (pin 2)

Calibration wire (black) is grounded with the push button and led in between but the led wont turn on unless blue and white grounds aren't being grounded. And the green takes its place being grounded on the car. Essentially, take the green wire and maft wire from pin 2 and ground them to the chassis but leave the white and blue wires hanging and the led lights up.
Ummmm
reading Innovative's documentation from

you are creating a ground path.

Innovative Motorsports Documentation said:
If you have an LC-1 with 7 stripped connect the additional green wire to the same ground source as the blue and white wires.

Optionally, the YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2) can be connected to the analog inputs of other devices such as data loggers, ECUs, or gauges. If either one or both of these wires are not being used, isolate and tape the wire(s) out of the way.

output one is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR. Analog output two is setup as 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR. The analog outputs can be programmed with the provided software
Why are you using Analog 2 and not analog 1?
You need to use Analog 1. Analog 2 is for standalones with more than 10 bit resolution.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ummmm

You need to use Analog 1. Analog 2 is for standalones with more than 10 bit resolution.
Ummmm

Thank you for the reply Figgie, how should i wire the led and push button? should i wire it like

Calibration wire--> led--->push button-->chassis ground?

for your second part the Maft pro needs an analog ground (at least the diagram i looked at and linked up top shows that) and shows the green wire going to the analog ground pin. So i took the green wire and connected it to the analog ground in the maft pro. I'm getting conflicting information from the LC-1 manual and multiple diagrams specifically for the maft pro to the 7mgte mk3 supra hook up. if it will help i can take a video explaining and showing how i hooked the wires up how i did and if youre willing to help tell me what i hooked up wrong.

I used the analog two (brown) because that is on a scale of 0-5v and the analog one (yellow) is on a 0-1v scale. The wideband needs a 0-5v scale to work properly and the maft pro needs the 0-5v scale as well i assume to read and fuel correct so used analog 2. Should i be using the analog 1? I tried analog one already and it stays at a constant voltage as well but that may be because like you said in the first part the grounds aren't wired right

thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
784 Posts
there are a bunch of settings on the innova lc controller

you can slow down the data stream and also define custom voltages on each ch. on my setup I had to give the lc1 some wonky settings so the maft pro afr agreed with the wideband. I would run the wideband connected to a pc to get real afr, then watch my maft pro screen display and then adjust the lc1 output voltage to get it right

i would love to show you my settings but my laptop with the lc software and maft proo software just broke....so i have to start over with windows 10 and try to get serial connectivity to both devices. I do plan on taking some screen shots on the maft pro configuration ( i remember it sucked the first time around and was hard to get it talking to the device)

·
Registered
784 Posts
something else to consider is setting up one of the wideband outputs as narrow band o2, and feding that to the stock ecu (eliminate the cars narrow band)

the lc controller can do that as well, ch1 wideband to maft pro, ch2 0-1v narrow band emulation

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

you can slow down the data stream and also define custom voltages on each ch. on my setup I had to give the lc1 some wonky settings so the maft pro afr agreed with the wideband. I would run the wideband connected to a pc to get real afr, then watch my maft pro screen display and then adjust the lc1 output voltage to get it right

i would love to show you my settings but my laptop with the lc software and maft proo software just broke....so i have to start over with windows 10 and try to get serial connectivity to both devices. I do plan on taking some screen shots on the maft pro configuration ( i remember it sucked the first time around and was hard to get it talking to the device)
Thank for the reply Madison, I downloaded the software for the lc1 per innovates website (logworks i believe) and will have to check to see what the controller settings are at. It would probably be best to do a narrowband tap from the lc1 to ecu just to get rid of something else that can potentially fail. Any screen shots of the settings would be much appreciated and even how you wired up the maft and lc1 into the harness because i feel like the way i have it is an issue even though i followed multiple diagrams.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I tried to get it to connect to my laptop this morning and the lc1 just wont power up or connect, im just going to wait for the lc2 to come in and give that a shot. Im not sure what else to do.

Ive got it going from LC1 out jack to serial--> serial cable to usb--> laptop

Ill post back here whith the results in a few weeks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts