Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hitting fuel cut so i want to get rid of it PROPERLY. I was contemplating the lex/550/walbro/AFPR but i searched and found out about the MAFT. Now, i think the MAFT would be better for now because i don't really want to spend tooo too much money. Also i'm not looking for 400 + HP yet so the 550s would be overkill right now. I'm just looking to get rid of fuel cut for cheap and i think the MAFT will help somewhat with my issue.

I know it doesn't get rid of fuel cut but i've read that it bumps it up a bit because of better flow.

So, if i got the MAFT from fullthrottlespeed.com and got a 3" GM maf, do you think i would benefit from it?? would i need an S-AFC?? a wideband?? can i hook it up and will it run like stock or would i need to tune it to insure my car is running within safe zones.

Thanks.
Derek.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Base settings on the MAFT allowed me to raise fuel cut and still stay plenty rich (verified through my wideband). With a wideband you can actually tune it fairly well using the MAFT alone by taking fuel out at MID and WOT settings. I ended up taking ALOT of fuel out before I was anywhere near optimal A/F ratios. The installation is pretty straightforward, the only confusing part can be the wiring but in the end it works just like the AFM once its installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts