Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well our local newspaper is doing a local car magazine and for the first issue they chose my car :). May have helped that my cousin works with the guy that is heading up that department but who cares it's the first :). He said he wants to do an article on history of the Supra and whatnot. The magazine will be coming out May 14 or 18 I think he said. I will be sure to scan it and post up the links. I'm also hoping that the added exposure will get someoen to buy it!!

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ToyoBeastly said:
Hey I didn't use NOS lol
I just hope my tires don't blow when i put on my rims :scratch:
I'm only use the rims for still shots, all motion shots will be on my stockers
I don't know anything about this guy and his phototaken abilities so I can't say how they will turn out.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did the photoshoot on Sunday. It went very good, the guy that took the pics said he worked in Europe for 10 years with car magazines. He said that Mag will come out May 18th but I should have some photos before then. I was beaten out by the Porsche CAYMAN for the cover but hey how can you compete with a cay named after your island right? Anyways the magazine will basically give a history of the car (the supra itself not just mine) I will try and proof read it before it makes final press to ensure that it is as accurtate as possible. Will keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Right on man, congrats :) Be sure to post those scans here. It must be awesome to have your car in a magazine.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cherzra said:
Right on man, congrats :) Be sure to post those scans here. It must be awesome to have your car in a magazine.
Thanks, it's no Turbo magazine or anythign but it's a good feeling none the less especially being that it is the first car magazine that will be locally made. He said he wants it to be about 40 pages. The first 20 pages will be covering my the supra and the porsche cayman. The final 20 opefully a buy and sell. Best part is it will be FREE!!!!

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Above Me said:
Congrats whats the name of the magazine
I don't even know :)
Been trying to get in contact with the guy but they've been busy. Will try to get more info this week coming. It's coming out the 18th and I believe they have to send it off to Miami for printing. So it should be done anytime now.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alx2785 said:
no luck on the pics? Cool that you got in the mag, but is it delayed or something?

Alex
Spoke to my cousin she said the mag got delayed not until June 15th. She said that she will atleast try and get a few pics for me today. I'm intending on purchasing a ticket for the raffle of the Porsche Cayman. Wouldn't that be something owning the two cars in our islands first magazine :bigthumb:......oh well a man can dream right? :1poke:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts