Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've had a search around and honestly I feel like im being an idiot.
I got some .25 over main bearings for my 7m from real street and just went to fit them but the fitment tab on No:1 is different to the rest but all of my bearings are the same so it clearly won't fit. The kit i got was meant to be for a 7m so you'd think it would come with the correct bearings but definitely not right for that one. The rest fit fine.

Problem is you just cant find .25 over bearings anymore so its not like i can easily buy some new ones and just forget about it.

Any ideas on this one?
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bearings were correct but incorrect unfortunately. All the tabs on the one side and all 22mm so missing the number 1 25mm bearing with the tab on the other side.

Sourced the correct one luckily so thats being shipped then can hopefully carry on the build. Just need to wait for the delivery now.

Part number i had was king MB767am which didnt come with that first one for anyone else looking in the future.

Cheers
Font Parallel Rectangle Drawing Art

·
Registered
516 Posts
Toyota uses a system of numbers stamped into the block where the oil pan mates and the crankshaft weights in determining exact fit bearings for oil clearance purposes. Check it out here. The standard oil clearance is 1 to 2 thousandths and the maximum is 3 thousandths, using plastigauge to measure. The online manual shows that the number 1 main bearing has different tabs than the rest. Click here to go there. Notice that the flat sided bearing without a groove or holes goes in the bearing cap. I believe I used a standard Toyota bearing for number 1 journal and a standard set of cleivite for the rest. The oil clearances were all in tolerance. I assume the crankshaft was ground to fit the bearings you plan on using. Here is a informational video on YouTube talking about these measurements from a machine shop point of view. Check it out here. Note that he's using millimeters as examples. 0.048 mm is 1.9 thousandths or 0.0019", 0.07mm is 2.8 thousandths or 0.0028"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts