Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
brain Lag,Nos to spool up
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have beefed up engine, just after breaking it up with mid range rpm and everything seemed to be fine until we tried to rev it to 9k rpm with no load, and main front seal started to leak, we changed to new one but once again after 6500 it started to leak.

Do you know if that is oil pump issue or other know problem, may be we should put sealing not too deep.

Crank is dynamic balanced to 10k rpm, engine has 20k miles and was disassembled because of breaking 1k hp :) but before we hit 7500 rpm no problems

thanks
Waldemar

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FMS original toyota's second replacement

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BARTON said:
A friend of mine had the same problem if you are talking about the front crank seal. If you are, I can talk to him because he said they have fixed the problem. Email me at [email protected].
yes,PLEASE, THE problem is front crank seal

·
Registered
682 Posts
It has been a couple of weeks since I spoke to him. At that time he thought it was fixed. I will call him today, find out exactly what he did, and post it up for you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Walkes, I just got off the phone with my friend. He had exactly the same problem as you are having. He took the front seal out, put two springs on the back instead of one and put the seal back in with sealer on it. He said it has been about a month and no leaks. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I will try

·
Registered
531 Posts
call sound performance they make a moddified oil pump that has set screws to hold the main seal in place, I tried everything else this was the only thing that really worked well.

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bart97 said:
call sound performance they make a moddified oil pump that has set screws to hold the main seal in place, I tried everything else this was the only thing that really worked well.
We shorten the spring by 2 mm and it looks work for us by now. If it starts to leak again I will call them :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I followed lot of posts about these seal problems.

To me it seems that it has to do with crank case pressure, more than anythibg else.

Most (if not all) that blow their front main seals, have an oil catch can
or just breathers on their valve covers.

I don´t want oil going into my intake and messing the intercooler and the engine, too.

But it seems to me that the engine needs the crank case pressure sucked out into the intake.

My idea would be to run the lines from the valve covers into the catch can, but then run a line from the catch can to the intake, right in front of the turbo.

That way there would be no oil in the intake but the crank case pressure would be lowerd, as it would be sucked into the intake (like it does on the stock setups).

I think that would help alot, if not cure the problem.

Just my thoughts though.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting that you should say that. That is exactly what I was getting ready to try. It will be a while before I have the car back together, but I think I'm going to route the catch can back in to the intake stream. I'm sure some of the blowby will still make it into the intake, but probably nowhere near as much if it were routed directly. Hopefully this will help out. I'm also checking on the SP pump, but so far, I can't get those guys to get back to me. We'll see...

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK here is our procedure and seems to work well for us (1000 miles,9k RPM, no leaks)

We moved MFS a little bit shallow on the crank, we bigger return hole from crank return, and we shorten spring in MFS by 2mm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts