Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a MKIII turbo. But every turbo kit that I see for these cars don't look complete even though they state "everything you need to get started". What I want is some one to tell me what other things I would need to do to this car to handle the 300 to 400 hp range. Including having to upgrade the clutch, fuel injectors, fuel pump, FMIC, just everthing that might be missing from a kit. I want a complete kit that won't be to expensive and can pretty much be installed fairly easy that the stock car can handle without blowing the tranny or motor.

I have checked out Suprastore.com and JSC speed supra MKIII for these mods. some body check out these sites and kits to tell me what I need to get this car movin quickly and cost effctive.

thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can get pretty much 290 wheel with the stock turbo. Just turn up the boost to about 13psi. Dunno what you would ever want a kit for. If you wanna go past that you'll have to grab up some 550 cc injectors, a Lexus AFM, like an SAFC and say an upgraded CT-26. Would be one of the cheapest routes. Exhaust and intake would be needed also. Even with a "kit," it's not going to include engine managment. Most of it depends on how much money you have to spend. But you'll want a MHG no matter what. The HG, ARP bolts/studs, and the machine work nessecary for it don't come cheap either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep im with forceofwill here... you can get over 300rwhp with just the stock turbo and full intake and exhaust wit a bit of boost and tuning. But dont go cheap on things like reliablility, with the money you save from not buying the turbo kit spend some of it here. If your gonna be running higher boost all the time id upgrade your HG and if your not you MUST i mean MUST retouque your stocker and hope that holds out for you.
PS. Dont run anything past 14psi on the stock ct and if your stock HG i personally wouldnt run much higher than 12 anyway. Just my 2cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts