Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most of you know about me posting about my differential blowing out on the hwy. well i finally got the driveshaft hanging, and all the nuts off from both of the axles of the rear wheels to the differential. the top bolts and bottom bolts closest to the gas tank of the differential are out.
im working on the 2 on the bottom closest to the driveshaft and i ran into a MAJOR problem.
my dad was helping me out, and while losening them, they both come out so far, and just keep spinning and it sounds like there is a nut inside the frame/subframe that its bolted to just spin. THEY WILL NOT COME OUT. what do i do. i dont want a whole new frame/subframe or whatever its called. its NOT rusted bad, its just the rust that kinda flakes off, but its NOT BAD at all.

WHAT DO I DO, I HAVE NOOOOO CLUE. please help...im so close at getting my car back on the road...damnit lol :wtflol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
you could cut a small hole with a hole saw next to it and bend a cheap wrench in a vise at the angle you need. if the nut that is spinning is round, maybe you could bend some pliers or something. i dont know it that is even possable, just a thought!

good luck!

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAVID SWEARINGEN said:
you could cut a small hole with a hole saw next to it and bend a cheap wrench in a vise at the angle you need. if the nut that is spinning is round, maybe you could bend some pliers or something. i dont know it that is even possable, just a thought!

good luck!

my dad thought the same, that there is a nut in there, and we broke the welds on BOTH of them. this really really sucks.
what would be some alternatives if i cant get them out? i was told i could cut the bolts and put some oversized bolts in there, but with the TQ i have, it could pull them out, but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
408 Posts
well you could remove the subframe and have someone reweld the studs. maybee you should pull it so you can see what you are realy working with. hell, you might be able to get right to them when its off.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
a few people have had subframe problems - maybe you would be doing yourself a favor by pulling it off and re-enforcing it right now.

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got this wedge/fork type thing from my dads mechanic at work. supposed to hammer between the bolt and frame and hope that it catches where the welds are inside and maybe get the bolts out...

wish me luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts