Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am following the tuning instructions for idle and i set everything the way they wanted it like target idle to 3000 rpms and thats where it was when the car started but the car wont stay running by itself and when i keep it running with the peddle and try to play with the idle% vs target idle table like the instructions say, no matter how much percent i add or subtract my IDLE LEARNED VALUE never changes!!!!!it stays at a positive 50%! WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE HELP!

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
MAINESUPRA said:
So i am following the tuning instructions for idle and i set everything the way they wanted it like target idle to 3000 rpms and thats where it was when the car started but the car wont stay running by itself and when i keep it running with the peddle and try to play with the idle% vs target idle table like the instructions say, no matter how much percent i add or subtract my IDLE LEARNED VALUE never changes!!!!!it stays at a positive 50%! WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE HELP!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347558

:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive have tried a MAP i was sent, and an AEM Basemap.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
MAINESUPRA said:
Ive have tried a MAP i was sent, and an AEM Basemap.
Ok, if it runs on the AEM basemap, start with an untouched copy of that and follow all of the instructions in the users guide. Skipping over one step (such as confirming the TPS is set up properly, for example) will result in error.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
make sure first of all that you go into the setup>sensors menu and set EVERY sensor with the wizard tool, then you need to go to configure and set the TPS and base timing. then you need to disable all the injectors (under options) and go to the home template and crank it to be sure you get a crank sync. if you do go back and enable ALL 6 injectors and ALL 6 coils and start it up. then go to your idle template and first set your target idle, then you will need to go to the idle% vs target idle and click on the little white box on the line and move it up or down until you get the idle you want, if the box moves to one side or the other, move the highlighted section over and keep changing it until you get it right. as far as your idle learned value being at 50%, all i have to say is WTF, thats really weird, it should go anywhere close to that high

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, update. No matter what MAP i use or change or follow the instructions the outcome is the same. Car starts and dies, starts and dies. But no wi took the car for a ride last night and it goes down the road great! Just dies at a stop obviously cause it wont idle! i figured this would help. WHATS WRONG?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
emailed

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hau, u said the aem was controlling the IAC though. Where is it located anyway? On the side of the intake by the throttle body? Should i do another log?

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
MAINESUPRA said:
Hau, u said the aem was controlling the IAC though. Where is it located anyway? On the side of the intake by the throttle body? Should i do another log?

The IAC is the little thing near the rear engine hook, its got a decent size plug on it. It will make a loud vacum leak like noise as the car is warming up. Make sure the plug is all the way and none of the pins are bent.

Good Luck,
Bob

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see the IAC motor and its plug and it looks all fine but there is a smaller plug coming out of the same place and harness as the IAC plug? What is this? It is not currently plugged in, is this my problem?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but if you can't tune the car at idle you need to pay a compitent tuner to come tune your car for you. The base maps are only there to get you from your house, to your tuner. They are not meant to be driven hard on.

This is why the AEM EMS gets a bad name, people load up a base map, go race around and blow up the engine. Then of course it is all the AEM's fault it blew up. :rolleyes:

Please don't take this post personally, I am not trying to flame you, I just want to make sure your supra is setup correctly before you run into any serious problems.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah already looked, both are checked.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have only put one mile on my car! And have barely gotten on the gas, it hasnt left my development cause it will not idle by itself! You are right i cant make it idle and i will pay someone but i am not stupid enough to go and beat on the car!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts