Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you might yell at me for not doing a search but I did and found nothing. What I want to know is this : If I get a 94 or so Supra NA, can I drop in a 2JZ-GTE engine and Getrag 6 to get a Twin Turbo. My reasoning is this : I want to save some money on insurance and the buying price for the car. Also, I plan to replace a lot of the engine and turbo's myself. I would like to get a single turbo conversion and many other mods. So can I save some money and get an NA and drop in the 2JZ-GTE with Getrag6 ?

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
980 Posts
There are more things you would have to do than just dropping in a turbo engine and transmission. And it would cost a hell of a lot of money to do it correctly. Do a search on it.

·
Anthracite Club
535 Posts
you can get a sigle turbo kit made for your N/A... you can have a healthy 500rwhp give or take with the right kit from anywhere between 5k-8k... If you do that your car should hold up fine, just upgrade the clutch... to have a GTE and 6-spd put in your looking at around 15k...

Turbo is Turbo...

sure your brakes, suspension, wheels, drivetrain and few other things will be different but most of that stuff can be upgraded to be better than stock TT...

for N/A-T stuff do a search... there have been some good posts about the process and tons of questions... if you are serious, there are plenty of guys on the here that can help you out...

happy hunting !!

·
Very Senior Member
9,955 Posts
onikageka said:
I know you might yell at me for not doing a search but I did and found nothing. What I want to know is this : If I get a 94 or so Supra NA, can I drop in a 2JZ-GTE engine and Getrag 6 to get a Twin Turbo. My reasoning is this : I want to save some money on insurance and the buying price for the car. Also, I plan to replace a lot of the engine and turbo's myself. I would like to get a single turbo conversion and many other mods. So can I save some money and get an NA and drop in the 2JZ-GTE with Getrag6 ?
You didn't search very hard, now did you?
Can it be done? Yes.
Can you save money doing it? NO!
Another thing, if you need to collect on insurance later, they may well not pay if you defrauded them.

I

·
0 Posts
soarer 300 said:
LOL!!!! im still laughing about the street fighter thing..
anyways, thats not a turbo!!! sc300 doesnt have a turbo!! at first glance, i thought that was a pix of a supra, but then i look at it more and i was thinking that looks a lot like the front of an 96 under SC, then i saw your name lol!!! i was right!! but thats not a turbo and even if someone put one on your car--thats way too low for a turbo to be! ;)
take it easy eveyone...

·
GarageDynamics.com
108 Posts
No, that'd be one of those Blow Off Valves that people put on turbo cars. Cory (soarer 300) put a fake Blow Off Valve with a speaker to make it sound like he has a turbo to scare away those evil vettes.

Woooooooosh Psssssssh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts