Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to make the flexalites spin the other way around so i can put them behind my radiator as in the area between my radiator and front mount... and put the new AAP fans infront... that way i have the flexalites pushing air in the car since the front mount blocks all the air coming in while driving...
Bobby

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I wouldn't bother with it, the AAP should be more than efficient to deal with your cooling problems, espeicially if you have a upgraded radiator. I'm running a 4-row on stock radiator and i have no cooling problems whatsoever, but then again you are in the TX heat. The fluidyne or any upgraded radiator combined with the AAP fan kit should be more than than effective. But to answer your question, just reverse the polarity and it will spin the opposite direction.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i havent seen the design of that fan up close, but arent some fan blades only meant to spin one direction? Reversing them may not result in sufficient flow.

It might be a better idea to mount the whole assembly "backwards" if that is possible...so they will push air through the radiator while still spinning in the same direction.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason i wanted to do that was becuz im an automatic and we have a lil fan infront of the radiator... i know mvp sells one for it but i figured if i put a flexalite it might do better because its two fans... but like some of you said it might not work right ... i guess i just gotta play around with it... by the way does anyone know how to change polarity...

G

·
BobbyBaby said:
The reason i wanted to do that was becuz im an automatic and we have a lil fan infront of the radiator... i know mvp sells one for it but i figured if i put a flexalite it might do better because its two fans... but like some of you said it might not work right ... i guess i just gotta play around with it... by the way does anyone know how to change polarity...

In terms of added cooling, I would think if you put the flexalites on oneside you'll be losing more surface area on the front of the radiator... And the two fans would more than likely work against the AAP fans. I think this would work better if there were more distance between fans. I may be way off, but thats how I would look at it. The new AAP fan kit seems to have a very high output compared to the flexalites, so that in it's self may be enough to cool more than what your needing.

If it doesn't work out, and you are going to use the AAP fans... I'll buy your flexalites from you...

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
BobbyBaby said:
The Fan harnesses should have a connector on them, just reverse it....for example if you have a black going to a black and white to white switch it to black to white and white to black. I did this by accident for a day or two until I realized, pretty funny.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think you can mount them behind the intercooler... ill check it out but yes you do have to reverse the poloraity other wise they will be blowing air away from the engine

·
Registered
618 Posts
BobbyBaby said:
i think you can mount them behind the intercooler... ill check it out but yes you do have to reverse the poloraity other wise they will be blowing air away from the engine
Yeah, if you face them the wrong way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts