Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions for the gearheads who are smarter than me, which is probably everyone reading. Thanks in advance for your advice. I have an 89 Supra with a 1JZ T66. It may be putting down 500 hp tops. In the future, I want to make big power with it. But I wanted to do something different so I have a few questions. First, has anyone built the 1JZ blocks, on this site or anywhere, and if so what kind of power can you make? I know Greddy internals are high, but I want to explore every route. Second, has anyone heard of any troubles with the 1.5 JZs. Does everything operate smoothly? I even thought it would be cool if a stroked 3.4 2J block was on a 1J head with the R154 transmission. Lastly, the 1J head would have to take some abuse. It already has HKS cams, Crower valves, and Crower springs. Besides a port and polish, what else would you do? Could you put Ferrea 1mm oversize valves in it? Would it be about the same costs and labor as building a 2J head? Sorry about all the questions. Any help is appreciated.

Adam

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess nobody wanted to answer all those questions so I'll narrow it down to the main ones:

1. Has there been any problems with the 1.5 JZs?

2. Not trying to start an argument, but does a 1J head or a 2J head flow better?
Basically which is best for making power? Don't be an instigator. Only reply
if you have proof or something to back it up.

Thanks guys.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i haven't heard any problems with a 1.5JZ

the debate on which head flows better is STILL up in the air. everyone says they have tested them but with no proof or documentation at all

Boostage knows what im talking about

1 - 3 of 3 Posts