Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recomend a manual boost controller. I have become so angry with this eletronic one. I set it and it works good one day then the next day it over boosts. Or it will hit the recomended psi in one gear then change the next gear.

· GO 'Cats!
1,103 Posts
On my previous 1997 TT 6 speed I used the Hallman MBC with cockpit control and it was flawless in operation. Comforting to me to know it was very basic with few parts to break and it didn't slowly bleed off boost to avoid spiking it simply opened up at the set boost. I mounted it in the slot below my single din head unit next to the HKS turbo timer I installed. I routed it via the firewall through the same hole as the ac condensate tube just behind and under the glovebox.

· Registered
11,706 Posts
i heard the greddy T.V.V.C is pretty good that's what im going to use for my car
the greddy and hks are simple regulators found at northern tool/harbor freight etc. Take a look at the pics, then look up a mini-regulator....same thing for 1/4 the price. Thats what I put on my car before TX because it was cheap and cost effective. Ran 32psi rock solid with it too!

Jason

· Banned
3,376 Posts
You should have great success with the Hallman

· Registered
408 Posts
the greddy and hks are simple regulators found at northern tool/harbor freight etc. Take a look at the pics, then look up a mini-regulator....same thing for 1/4 the price. Thats what I put on my car before TX because it was cheap and cost effective. Ran 32psi rock solid with it too!

Jason
Yeah TurboXS' unit is a pressure regulator for a compressor, just has a pretty cap for adjusting. I've also used one on my 240 and it worked great

· Registered
386 Posts

Jason
What exactly did you use? I'm very curious at this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.