Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 TT, PHR 6266 on the way, Tanabe DP, MaxAir intake, AEM boost, fuel pressure and afr, MBC, BBS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manu light randomly flashes at random times. Its not sequenced in any type of ways. Let's say I'm just driving normal and it will come one then a few minutes later it will just go off. Or it may come on for a few seconds. Or it may just blink two times. Also sometimes the manual button does not work if I press it and sometimes it does. I had this problem a few months ago and it randomly went away. And I have not drove the car for the past two weeks until yesterday. I've read of ecu blowing capacitors at there age now. But should I look in the engine ecu or the auto trans ecu? What actually controls the Manu button/light. Thanks in advance for any help you can give out.

·
Boost Junkie
12,548 Posts
My Supra is originally an auto. That issue would arise for me when my odometer started to fail due to a short some of the solder joints. The speed signal travels through the odometer before it goes to the ECU. When it is interrupted the ECU freaks out and doesn’t know what to do. You then may have to move it to Manu mode and manually shift the car.

Steve

·
Registered
94 TT, PHR 6266 on the way, Tanabe DP, MaxAir intake, AEM boost, fuel pressure and afr, MBC, BBS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read about the solder joints in the odo going bad. I will check that tomorrow. I unpluged the manu switch under the console and it still randomly turns on. Of course I can't control it because its unplugged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts