Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a TurboXS standard mbc, looks quality.

Do I install it between the vsv and brass actuator, as was my bleeder T previously?

Or is it done as follows:
remove hose from vsv to wastegate;
cap vsv and wastegate nipples;
install MBC between the nipple on the 1st turbo compressor and the input to the watsegate actuator.

Intuitively it seems like it should work in the same position as the bleeder T, but I saw this other install method noted above in a previous thread.

The TurboXS instructions state to install it on the hose between the positive pressure side of the turbo to the wastegate actuator.

·
Registered
38 Posts
...as you said

remove hose from vsv to wastegate;
cap vsv and wastegate nipples;
install MBC between the nipple on the 1st turbo compressor and the input to the watsegate actuator.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you certain this is the (only) way that it should be installed?..... because I put it between the vsv and actuator and am driving it that way now. Seems to be working fine......?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't see how it could effectively raise boost in that setup. Essentially, you should see stock boost if you install the MBC where the bleeder was. I dunno. Maybe I'm missing something.

I installed it (correctly) between the actuator and the turbo and it works great. Close it all the way for stock boost and open it 1 turn per psi (approximately) you want the boost raised.

Good luck.

-Tim, 97TT - BCC, DP, MBC

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you happen to have a picture of your MBC installed?
I'm possibly confused about which hose is which. Have you installed it on the hose that enters from the side, or straight on from the front, of the brass actuator?

Thanks,
G.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
I have my MBC installed as Jade describes. Don't install it like a bleeder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts