Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im half way thru my manual conversion and am just wanting to wire the clutch/neutral start inhibitor so that the car will start no matter what.

The mkiv.com conversion writeup doesnt mention this step and im just wondering which wires i splice, either at the ecu or in the auto loom. In the ecu pinout diagram i have it seems to show pin 76 as the neutral start switch (blk/wht). Is this the wire im after? if so, which do i splice it with? My car doesnt have the little piece of loom to where the clutch switch would be like other auto's i've heard of. BTW im using a manual ecu.

Cheers guys

Gene

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, cmon guys, surely someone's had to do this with their manual conversion?

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
I got you bud..

I was bored so I looked it up for you! just solder 5 & 6 together on the P2 connector! The connector was attached to the Auto trans, it is located in the trans tunnel. PM me if you need any help!

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You Sir, are the man :) I was looking at that exact diagram but couldnt quite make any sense of it lol

Thanks heaps buddy, 'preciate it

Gene

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
If you need any help with the wiring, let me know. I had to do this for my th400 conversion (exept i had to put in a switch for the new shifter).

I am glad I could help, if search function was available you would have saved a lot of time. Damn SF.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I got you bud..

I was bored so I looked it up for you! just solder 5 & 6 together on the P2 connector! The connector was attached to the Auto trans, it is located in the trans tunnel. PM me if you need any help!

I'm bumping this topic.. For some reason Mohd's guide on MKIV.com doesnt say anything about the neutral switch. It took us some 30min figuring out why the starter isnt working and then we thought about the neutral switch. 5mins of searching SF and I found this pic. Jumped the connector and started right up. Thanks Willjs7.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got you bud..

Is this the wire which connect to the gearbox, I will be completing my man conversion this weekend, I haven't hooked up any wiring, mainly just all the parts, I thought I would leave the wiring till the end.

Where is the P2 connector actually located, is it apart of the wires which were unplugged from the auto trans?

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
for some reason I thought the clutch switch that we use a jumper pin on was under the dash, or is this something different??

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
I got you bud..

I know its been a while, but wanted to bump this thread for educational purposes.
Can anyone comment on jumping pin 5 & 6 in regards to:

Before jumping the pins on the plug in the trans tunnel (on an auto harness with a 6 spd. swap w/ 6 spd. ECU), does the car start and bog right down or does it not even start at all?

for some reason I thought the clutch switch that we use a jumper pin on was under the dash, or is this something different??
Just wanted to answer his question as well. The clutch switch you are probably thinking of is the one that people do to start manual cars (swapped or not), that have heavy duty clutches in them, without having to push in the clutch. That is supposed to help stop "crank walk."

But I would like to hear what you guys have to say about a 6spd swap that has the car starting, but bogging down and stalling.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Before jumping the pins on the plug in the trans tunnel (on an auto harness with a 6 spd. swap w/ 6 spd. ECU), does the car start and bog right down or does it not even start at all?
It doesn't start at all. The clutch or neutral safety switch trips the starter relay allowing the starter to turn on (crank)

·
<O>_<O>
2,180 Posts
Sorry, subscribed, need to do this later today. Just finished putting in my W58 swap, so on the auto harness there is no clutch safety switch harness for the 2jzge?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey I did the w58 swap almost 4 years ago and I recently did a full GTE 6spd swap just last month. Jumping the wires that are on the the auto harness worked perfectly fine when I did the w58 swap. When I did my 6 speed swap I ended up jumping the wires that are located in the pass side floor by the ecu.

·
<O>_<O>
2,180 Posts
Hey I did the w58 swap almost 4 years ago and I recently did a full GTE 6spd swap just last month. Jumping the wires that are on the the auto harness worked perfectly fine when I did the w58 swap. When I did my 6 speed swap I ended up jumping the wires that are located in the pass side floor by the ecu.
Thanks buddy, can you give me the full details on what I need to do on a 97 NA Auto to W58 swap? I can't seem to locate the clutch start switch wires by the clutch pedal. Which wires do I have to wire up exactly if I don't have the clutch safety start switch? ( I have the 5spd ecu in as well)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm almost done with manual swap on my tt, and I forgot about this step mainly for not much information out on it.
I still seem pretty lost where and what I'm soppost to do.. I see some say in tranny loom some say in cabin

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are you using a 5 speed engine harness or modifying your auto one for the speed sensor and reverse light switch hookup? What about the computer changing that also? The only thing you have to do under the dash is jump the clutch switch.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Are you using a 5 speed engine harness or modifying your auto one for the speed sensor and reverse light switch hookup? What about the computer changing that also? The only thing you have to do under the dash is jump the clutch switch.
I'm keeping auto engine harness, I already did reverse light and speed sensor

1 - 20 of 30 Posts