Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this has ever been covered, but I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had a manula MKIV driver's seat. I'm pretty sure all US MKIVs had electronic ones, but could it be possible to put a manual passenger seat in place of the driver's seat? Or even import a JDM passenger seat (on the left side) and install it as my driver's?

Reason being is that I like my stock seats a lot, but that e-seat is sooo heavy and I hate how slow they are. Any info would help, thanks

Reid

·
Registered
175 Posts
Both the seats in the '95 Supra SE I just bought are manual.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
no. they are cloth and the ones in the turbo are leather so it will not match, plus they have this funky combination of green/black patterns

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no. they are cloth and the ones in the turbo are leather so it will not match, plus they have this funky combination of green/black patterns
Yea, the material is different, but I want to revover them in black suede anyway. I am basically making sure that they are the same design.

Reid

·
Banned
338 Posts
se models came with leather seats that are manual, they look the same as the e-seats, acutally i think the manual seats sit lower than the e-seats. i had a set of leather manual seat in my first mkiv which was a se and i think only se came with the leather manual seats

·
FIREFIGHTER RIEN
147 Posts
if you buy a seat it has to be a driver side since the passenger side holes are different

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,344 Posts
Try looking for jdm seat rail and use your seat. I found the JDM electric one and installed into my passenger side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts