Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know is it possible to push a stuck up antenna back down manually?
The motor doesn't seem to work and im tired of looking at the antenna sticking up.

I know there are threads about replacing them but for now i just want to put my fishing pole away.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem fixed.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
sticking up looks really terrible imo

i hate when i switch from dvd to cd on mine and it cycles through the radio tuner setting for just a second and it makes the antenna come up (@#*&@
only way i can make it go back down is to shut off the car

i like the unplugging option though, i actually might do that if the connector is accessible easily

·
Registered
109 Posts
sticking up looks really terrible imo

i hate when i switch from dvd to cd on mine and it cycles through the radio tuner setting for just a second and it makes the antenna come up (@#*&@
only way i can make it go back down is to shut off the car

i like the unplugging option though, i actually might do that if the connector is accessible easily
It's very easy to get to. Just pull off the plastic trim panel on the right rear hatch area and it's right there. Mine was unplugged so I plugged back in, until I realized how big the antenna was!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Uhm, so how? Instead of posting it's fixed, you should post how you fixed it.
Ditto, not sure how you fixed the problem, but to answer the original question, if the motor still runs, or you hear the clicks of it trying to move, but the antenna doesn't move, you can push down on it, and it will go down. If the motor's shot, then it won't work. Sometimes the antenna reaches a sticky point, and just needs some help to get it past that point. Keeping it clean helps it from sticking in the first place. Again, this is all assuming the motor isn't shot.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
this is one of the reasons why i dont want to change out the stock radio...because all aftermarket head units that ive seen make the stupid antenna go up even when your using a cd...just turning the head unit on makes the antenna go up...soo stupid...so for now i just have the stock head unit..

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just ended up forcing it down by hand as it toke some time to do so and got lucky that it did not bend or break. There is still about 3 inches sticking up which is fine with me as long as its not all the way stuck up.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
I ended up removing the metal housing from the outside and just cutting the ridge wire antenna inside it and putting the metal housing back on. Now it's just permanently down, never use the radio anyway.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's very easy to get to. Just pull off the plastic trim panel on the right rear hatch area and it's right there. Mine was unplugged so I plugged back in, until I realized how big the antenna was!
Yep, Thats exactly what i did too mine!Took all of 2mins to do an i think it is a must for supra owners because the antenna's are just god awful looking

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
for anyone who wants to put antenna down all the way ,just undo the collar nut at the base,pull the mast out with the nylon center that has the teeth, collapse the mast, snip off the nylon rod off and pop the mast back in the housing, replace the collar nut and you're good to go,

if the antenna still makes noises, buy a new replacement mast from Toyota, it's not that expensive, around $50 and just replace it,that is if you want to listen to radio

Stefan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts