Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
in Paradise
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go guys, got some nice closeups of Titans cement-filled blown up motor :mamoru:

PICS

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Very nice. Hot Soup traveled all the way down from up here I see. I am gogin to have to get over and see that car now that I see the pics u got.

·
in Paradise
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Titan blew their motor on last pass vs. AAP (and they lost too!) The motor was filled with cement to try to keep it together since they cracked something on their test 8.05 pass... and didnt have a spare motor (they got two huge trailers, 5000 people working on the car and no spare motors, wtf?), that stuff is a mix of coolant and some other stuff.

·
Resident Hippy
252 Posts
thats for the intercooler. and that one viper had some huge turbos under the hood. whos is that? and that one red one that says "fassst" , isnt he a member here with a nice stable of cars? i forget his name. m something.

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
kaneda said:
cement filled? they filled all of the water and oil passages with cement to try to add strength?
cracked a cylinder wall. filled the water jacket with cement mix, which in turn held up to i believe two mid 8 second passes.

·
2JZ MKII
637 Posts
kaneda said:
cement filled? they filled all of the water and oil passages with cement to try to add strength?
I believe it actually was Epoxy "cement" that was used. The waterjackets are filled with it to fill the dead space and make the block denser, basically they glued the engine back together and limped it into the finals when Marko lost a nitros solenoid. I believe that Marko's block is also semi "cemented" to keep it from breaking.

Also, look at that wiring nightmare of nitros solenoids in the Titan car, looked like at least 4 of them.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
The engine was filled after the crack. We brought the race car and all of our personal cars to have a fun weekend. We only raced Marko once the whole weekend and there where timing issues that prevented it from being a race. Regardless I don't know anyone who wouldn't be happy to run 8.50's on a hurt motor, especially after going 8.05 2 days prior. The Supra has taken the backburner with 2 Pro RWD teams eating up the funds and machine shop / fabrication. The copper street car you see was a painted rolling chasis on the Monday before TX (props to John for putting in the long hours to get it semi-finished) and one week before the race car got a quick clean up after winning the NHRA season. That being said the 2 Pro cars are about ready to debut @ Moroso in 3 weeks, the Supra has a fresh motor going in this week and will be racing in AZ this weekend, and we're all having fun and glad to be going racing again. This was my first year at TX and definately won't be my last, next year I plan on taking home at least one trophy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts