Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· 7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering on your thoughts of the mapecu 2.
I was looking at getting a link g4 purely to fix my tps and rich problems lol.

I wondered a couple of things:

a)Does it remove the 7m air flow meter
b)Does it adjust fuel by changing the air flow meter signal (same as an safc or does it have proper adjustability)
c)Does the timing feature work correctly

Basically, I already have an safc2 but the timing advance is not desirable on it so I haven't really bothered using it. I don't want to get a mapecu 2 if it is a glorified safc.

I seem to remember that there was another ecu of sorts running around that had problems with ability to retard timing, advance worked but retard didn't so when pulling alot of fuel you couldn't counter with the timing feature.

Ahhh... Emanage, that was it.

I hope someone has experience with it and can answer my Q's :)

TIA

(ps. I know Ian, the g4 would be better :p haha)

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Aem Imo

· Captain Hammer
1,992 Posts
Sadly any piggy back that modifys the signal to the ECU on Karmen Vortex cars is moody. In the end, if you want true turn key reliability, you need to run a standalone, with proper tuning.

They can be made to work, and make good power, but you will need to tinker with it regularly.

Lean tip in is the BIG thing you'll notice, when you first depress the pedal it'll stumble, then come alive and rev up. I know of a 7m with over 100 hours on the dyno, and it still has the tip in. Where as I had a car with a HUGE host of problems, and I swapped it to AEM, and its been amazing ever since.

I used to be a huge herald for the MAP ECU, and I still am, for anything that isnt karmen vortex.

· 7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I figured it would be a bad idea but I thought I would ask anyway lol.

So I've read it's definitely still just an overglorified safc heh.

I'll get the link g4 I think :D It's made in my home country and a great product that'll do what I need to do.

Thanks for all your input :)

· Captain Hammer
1,992 Posts
Yea I figured it would be a bad idea but I thought I would ask anyway lol.

So I've read it's definitely still just an overglorified safc heh.

I'll get the link g4 I think :D It's made in my home country and a great product that'll do what I need to do.

Thanks for all your input :)
The Map ECU is more then just a glorified SAFC, it does a LOT more then just adjust a signal. It can remove the MAF. BUT, becuase the car uses a Karmen Vortex air meter, its very finicky and a bad idea. For a car with a hotwire Maf, it is amazing and very much worth it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.