Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if anyone has a map for a mapecu for 720cc injectors and large single turbo for 7m-gte, i just got the computer wired in and were doing trial and error to figure out the best way to run the car before we actually tune the car. right now i have the 550cc injector with single turbo map loaded in, the fuel ratio is alot better then it was before but higher boost up top is not getting enough fuel.

I was told by someone i can load in the 2J map for the 720cc injectors and single turbo and the timming would be a just little off, but im not sure if this is true or not and if it would inturn mess up anything.

also if someone can let us know the best way to wire the mapecu with getting rid of the AFM that would be great, I would like to hear from someone who has done it already or seen it done, unstead of someone saying just look in the manual.

BTW we think its wired up correctly and to finish to get rid of the AFM we just need to wire in the air temp sensor to the wires that noramally plug into the AFM. Cause when the AFM is unpluged the car does not want to run properly.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
PHR should still have my 680cc map availalbe. They tuned mine on that setup and I would think they would still have the map available.

As far as the air temp goes, I didnt use it. I went with a resistor and jumpered two of the terminals on the AFM harness to fool the air temp sensor. This kept fuel cut much more under control and made it much easier to tune.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have hks FCD still wired in also, so i dont have to worry about fuel cut, cause when we removed it and left the mapecu alone, the car didnt like it, and Trent, if u still have that map on ur car u should be able to download it to ur laptop and send it, if you can that will be cool, or if you can make the phone call to PHR it would be appreciated to try to get the map for me, thanx alot

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Trent said:
As far as the air temp goes, I didnt use it. I went with a resistor and jumpered two of the terminals on the AFM harness to fool the air temp sensor. This kept fuel cut much more under control and made it much easier to tune.
Isn't that kind of a big no no for people living in climates with greatly changing weather conditions? I mean... how can you tune the car in ~75* weather and expect it to act the same way in the winter once it hits -10*.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have obtained a generic 680cc map for the Map-ecu. I have not used it, but you can PM me if you need it.

The map-ecu eliminates the need for a AFM. So do I simply tuck away the AFM plug? I would hate to cut my new engine harness.

Am I correct to assume that I can just install a small breather filter on the ISC valve? I don't see a need to route it back into the intake any longer...?

Thanks,
Jason - Red '88T

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
^ Yes I would also like to know :)

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Red '88T said:
I have obtained a generic 680cc map for the Map-ecu. I have not used it, but you can PM me if you need it.

The map-ecu eliminates the need for a AFM. So do I simply tuck away the AFM plug? I would hate to cut my new engine harness.

Am I correct to assume that I can just install a small breather filter on the ISC valve? I don't see a need to route it back into the intake any longer...?

Thanks,
Jason - Red '88T
You need to tap into the AFM wires to run the MAP ecu. Or, if you want to be clean, get a connector that'll fit the afm male connector and just plug 'n play. If you're tapping into these wires from somewhere other than near the connector for the AFM, then yeah i guess you can just "tuck" it away.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
i should have a tuned 680 map by the end of the month, if anyone has one by then, can they send it to me?

Ang

·
Registered
137 Posts
We installed the map-ecu tonight. We had a issue with the 680cc map loading correctly, so we loaded the 550cc map that was on the CD. Knowing that the car would run way rich, we started the car anyway. The car started easy enough, but idle would start to fade and eventually die. If we gave it any throttle, it would die. It was late, so we didn't spend much time massaging the 550cc map for my 680cc injectors. It ran so rich, that we had fuel dripping out the downpipe!
I wish the user interface was a little more intuitive. I want to remove about 15% from the 550cc map, but couldn't figure out how to globally make the change. I just didn't have the time to adjust each cell on the chart.
Interested in others experience with this product???

Thanks,
Jason - Red '88T

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
I had tons of problems with that map when I started up with Map ECU installed. Basically we ended up using the start up map and making our own. When I used the 550/single map, it would sputter and die. It also had it down as being a 2cyl, and the tps settings were way off. Just go with the start up map, and watch your wideband. Street tune or dyno the rest

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Red '88T said:

Thanks,
Jason - Red '88T
To answer the weather question, the weather doesn't change enough in TX for it to matter and I saw he was in FL so I made the same suggestion to him. There is not enough temp change in TX to worry about it and I never had a problem.

I also do not have my car anymore and have not had it for almost two years now. The map and mapecu are long gone for me.

You splice into the wiring at the ECU, not at the AFM harness end. There is a harness made that makes it almost a plug and play operation and makes it very easy to install. But you are supposed to install it and splice it at the ECU.

Tuck away the factory AFM connector, put a breather on the ISC valve and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If you do wire in the temp sensor I know you can attach pins and insert them into the AFM connector (so you dont have to tap inthe wires) but I am unsure as to which ones. Also do you put the temp sensor before the turbo or in the IC pipe before the throttle body? I also bought the plug and play harness for mine

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have heard of the plug-n-play harness for 89-92, but not for my '88. If someone is aware of a harness for '87-'88 let me know!

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
cnewingham said:
If you do wire in the temp sensor I know you can attach pins and insert them into the AFM connector (so you dont have to tap inthe wires) but I am unsure as to which ones. Also do you put the temp sensor before the turbo or in the IC pipe before the throttle body? I also bought the plug and play harness for mine

the sensor should go after the turbo. You have to look in the manual for the pinouts to the afm. two of them are for the temp sensor.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mikkee123 said:
the sensor should go after the turbo. You have to look in the manual for the pinouts to the afm. two of them are for the temp sensor.
i know which wires they are....off the top of my head i would say it the 2 wires on the afm plug (blue and black i blieve) towards the front bumper if it was pluged into the AFM

1 - 20 of 21 Posts