1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'97 Supra 6sp
T78 720 cc injectors
Using 720cc PHR fuel map.

This is really frustrating, and it's totally ruining the driving experience.

I have the car running really well in both closed loop and open loop. The exception being the car goes really rich (<10.0:1 AFR) between shifts at WOT according to my FJO logs. This causes the car to severly bog, jerk, and then lunge forward all at once.

It also occurs when I nail the car at low rpm, the AFR goes very rich and it hesitates then lunges forward. So, I notice on both the boost gauge and the "follw me" that it happens at a vacuum pressure of zero. I lean it out as much as 15% at 0 psi and it doesn't help.

Now at part throttle and 0psi it runs lean when I lean it out at 0psi. So, it appears to be TPS related. At WOT it goes really rich at 0psi, and at part throttle at 0psi it runs lean. I can control the part throttle AFR, but not the WOT AFR.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Change your TPS enrichment settings to really low numbers, I think mine are like 3, 2, 1, 0 0 0 0 0 0 or something like that, and I am pretty sure my other enrichment settings are all zero. Problem solved.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I needd to read the manual before posting :)

I thought it might be TPS enrichment but mine says 0% on the dashboard. Apparently there is another setting?

Thanks bro. Sounds like I'm almost there.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Try putting the MAP enrichment settings all to zero, thats what i have on my car with no problems. If you are still having problems I would assume that your map has a rich spot somewhere.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MTR said:
Try putting the MAP enrichment settings all to zero, thats what i have on my car with no problems. If you are still having problems I would assume that your map has a rich spot somewhere.
Read the maunal it looks like the adjustment I need. mine were all set at 20!

I honestly didn't expect the MAP ECU to have that kind of adjustment...pretty sweet.

thx

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Yea it seems for some reason whoever made the base maps for Powerhouse must not have actually driven the car hard on the street because it would have done the same things thats happening to you. Whats happening is when the map sensor sees the sudden change in pressure it can add up to 20% more fuel, which is way too much and I found to not be needed at all. Zero it out and start banging those gears.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts