Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before but it's a damn shame that the search function is down.

Anyways, can the map-ecu elimate the lean spot holding 11.5 across the board on a fully BPU supra??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also.. it seems that there are lack of tuners in the North East for the map-ecu.

Anyone know of a good map-ecu tuner?

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
That is more of a problem with the OBD 1 ECU's fuel curve. I am not sure if the MAP ECU will cure it.

Steve K.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I really want to know is that is it possible to keep 11.3-11.5 all the way across the rpm range?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks for the answer!

I'm going to go ahead and purchase a map-ecu..

Now, i'll be in search for a good tuner in the northeast :(

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good luck on the search, Im getting ready to install mine as well. The map ecu is a good unit, alot of people try to tune it themselves or have a so-so tuner mess with it and cant get it right, but Ive seen a few that were tuned properly and they are rock solid.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good luck on the search, Im getting ready to install mine as well. The map ecu is a good unit, alot of people try to tune it themselves or have a so-so tuner mess with it and cant get it right, but Ive seen a few that were tuned properly and they are rock solid.
Hi, tony. who gonna tune your?or are you go at it yourself? I need some fine tune for my map ECU. any one in metro area?Stephen

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.. I've been talking to some people and since I'll be staying at full BPU for a good bit, it seems like it would be better for me to go with a obd-II ecu with an AFC as far as driveability goes.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Did you actually talk with people who had it tuned properly, or did you talk to people who heard from someone who heard from someone that they think it's better to do the OBDII swap?

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
I've personally tuned at least 100 OBD I MAP ECU equipped Supras, and each one has a flat A/F curve across the board when Im done. This so-called "OBD lean spot" can be tuned by any trained and reputable tuner familiar with the MAP ECU.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hua, I have been talking to MTR..he seems have great knowledge with the supra.
Did you do the tuning by your self? how do you like it? what is your set-up?

Jarrett, do you care to go into detail what causes the lean spot and what allows the map-ecu to tune it out while vpc with some back-up fuel controller can't?

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I had a VPC and GCC and had the knobs maxed out and still had the lean spot. Once I went to a G-force ECU with more fuel it fixed it. OBD1 cars have a leaner fuel curve compared to OBDII, for some reason.

Steve

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
...in for the knowledge. I went as far as to do an OBD2 swap on an OBD1 car to cure that in the past. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
^^^^what he said.

I had high 12's when I had the odbI ecu. Swapped out the obdII ecu, have 11.5 all the way. WAY RICHER!

I dont know what it is, no mods to the fuel system, nothing..All i did was swap a obdII ecu, and it cured it.

Mods:
BL67DBB kit w/ .68 a/r
MAP ecu
ODBII ecu
HKS ca Ti
HKS ssbov
Blitz FMIC
Blitz Sbc-id w/ all gauges and timer
etc.

ODBII cures the problem 100%

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How confident are you with your tune?
Do I need a obd-II upgrade?

PM me, thanks!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You do not need an obd-II ecu. If you have a good tuner they can tune it out, if you cant find a decent tuner then by the new ecu and be done, but dont waste the money unless you have to.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts