Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boost Crazy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any maps for the Map ECU. I am in northern utah and nobody knows how to tune a map ecu up here. I have a 94 supra with the stage 2 BL kit, t67dbb, 525cc injectors....

If anyone could lend me some help or advice on the issue, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Chase

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Hey,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any maps for the Map ECU. I am in northern utah and nobody knows how to tune a map ecu up here. I have a 94 supra with the stage 2 BL kit, t67dbb, 525cc injectors....

If anyone could lend me some help or advice on the issue, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Chase
not too many people have had success with a ODB1 NA-T
maybe only 1 or 2 have got it to work....:scratch: :sad:

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
well thats because the people that installed thier MAP ECU and MAP ECU 2 decided to follow the TT OBDI and II diagrams that were not setup correctly

that and using a resistor for the IAT sensor is just a bad idea

all this information, including installation diagrams and what not were provided by the MANUFACTOR and the forum that they setup

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
I was considering buying a map ecu for my obd1 turbo setup. Anyone here had sucess?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cant see what else you attached to hook it up ..
What do you mean? Find the ECU, pull the 2 huge connectors out of it, and match the colored wires to the pins in the diagram.... Just make sure that you splice the new wire into the old wire. DO NOT CUT THE OLD WIRES COMPLETELY!!

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
What do you mean? Find the ECU, pull the 2 huge connectors out of it, and match the colored wires to the pins in the diagram.... Just make sure that you splice the new wire into the old wire. DO NOT CUT THE OLD WIRES COMPLETELY!!
only one wire needs to be cut and remember to run the vaccum line to the MAP ECU :agreed:

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread ... i need to know what wires to cut... im in the middle of the install and am stuck. ive been to mapecu.com and it wont let me view things.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you are in fact OBD1 and are trying to hook up the original MAP ECU (NOT Map Ecu 2) go ahead and follow the first diagram posted. I made that diagram actually for a few people over at clubna-t and we have had 0 problems.

As far as actually cutting a wire, I don't recall having to cut any, just splice into all the connections.

Additionally use a 2.2k ohm resistor in your MAF plug before you start messing around with the IAT sensor. I went back and forth for a while and I personally have seen much more consistency with the resistor as apposed to using the provided IAT sensor.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i tried to become a member last night, just waiting the approval so i can view the install diagram. like with the safc you have to cut the air flow signal and it intercepts the signal, then the signal is modified and sent to the ecu.. am i overthinking the whole thing? and it is as simple as the diagrams you posted?

·
Registered
157 Posts
It really is simple. People just get caught up with the fact that it the wiring slightly changes slightly from the GTE to the GE harness. Like I said if you follow my diagram posted first for the original MAP ECU you will have ZERO problems. The only wire needing to be cut is the MAF wire, but like I said above, start with just a resistor in the MAF plug to get yourself going. Then experiment with which you like better: The 2.2k ohm resistor or the IAT sensor. My experience tells me you will end up favoring the resistor ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sure have. Ive made over 700rwhp with the MAP ECU and hopefully i can make some additional power with the new MAP ECU 2. And its pretty easy to tune.
Did you do the tuning yourself, or had a professional work on it? If you did a street tune, can you explain what you did?

·
From the land down under
4,394 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread ... i need to know what wires to cut... im in the middle of the install and am stuck. ive been to mapecu.com and it wont let me view things.
Youre sorry?

Did you do the tuning yourself, or had a professional work on it? If you did a street tune, can you explain what you did?
How about this guy?^

1 - 20 of 25 Posts