Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a MAP ECU off a member here but I didn't get the booklet so I have no idea what wires are what. I poked around on the MAP ECU site and still didn't see any info telling me what wire is what so can anyone help me out? I wanted to solder it into my Fields harness this weekend but I was at a loss with the wiring colors. We don't use ALL the wires do we? There are alot coming off that harness plug.

Thanks for any help.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
Euphoric said:
I bought a MAP ECU off a member here but I didn't get the booklet so I have no idea what wires are what. I poked around on the MAP ECU site and still didn't see any info telling me what wire is what so can anyone help me out? I wanted to solder it into my Fields harness this weekend but I was at a loss with the wiring colors. We don't use ALL the wires do we? There are alot coming off that harness plug.

Thanks for any help.
Go to www.mapecu.com. On the home page there is a link to download the PDF of the installation instructions. The wiring diagrams are in the back of that manual. Or, you can click on INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS and it will take you to a link for wiring the Supra TT.

Thanks
JH

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both of those printed already but neither have the naswer to my question. I can't find what wire off the MAP harness is what. Red = power, there are 2 blacks, yellow and a whole other mess of colors. I don't know what each specific wire is or which ones I need to use to wire into my fields harness. The PDF nor the wiring instructions tell me which wire is what on the harness of the MAP ECU.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
Euphoric said:
I have both of those printed already but neither have the naswer to my question. I can't find what wire off the MAP harness is what. Red = power, there are 2 blacks, yellow and a whole other mess of colors. I don't know what each specific wire is or which ones I need to use to wire into my fields harness. The PDF nor the wiring instructions tell me which wire is what on the harness of the MAP ECU.
Oops! Someone put an old version of the manual up there, I'll get that taken care of shortly.

Here are the colors:
Red- 12v+ ignition
Black- both go to same ground point
White- RPM
Blue- VKF/Karman Vortex Output
Green- AFM/hotwire MAF Output
Grey- VKF Input for auto-learn
Orange- AFM input for auto-learn
Yellow- O2 sensor input
Brown- Throttle Position Input
Purple and Pink (right next to red) may be different colors on different harnesses. Both are switched outputs for options.

Hope this helps, thanks

Jarrett H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts