Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

(94 OBD1 Supra)
Here's the issue I've been having. When trying to run the car off a base map (525cc Injectors) I can get the car to start with a little throttle massaging but if I ever let my foot completely off the gas pedal the car will die. Now this is becuase my car is running rediculous rich (or so says my Wideband which, as soon as I start the car, is pegged on the "rich" display).

So eventually I found myself at the table display of the map ecu in the "Follow me" mode (to figure out where my idle cells were). Now here's the weird part, while the MAP-ECU is running realtime with the car, I can adjust the cells that says the car is idleing at, all the way down to 0 and the air-fuel stays pegged at rich! (also getting black smoke out of the exhaust to confirm this).

So now I'm down to wiring, if it's not a wiring problem then I'm completely lost. Here's what I have currently:

MAP-ECU-----------> Car ECU

White -------------> Red w/Yellow Stripe
Brown ------------> Yellow
2 Black -----------> Brown
Red ---------------> Black w/Orange Stripe
Green-------------> White w/Black Stripe
Yellow ------------> White
(Will be switching the yellow wire over to the wideband for logging purposes when I can actually tune the damn thing)

Air Sensor----------> Stock MAF Wiring

1 ------------------> Brown w/Black Stripe
2 ------------------> Pink w/Blue Stripe

I say 1 and 2 for the air sensor because the two wires comming out of it are indistiguishable.

So if someone, that has a MAP-ECU that is running correctly, could check over their wiring for me real quick and see if mine matches up, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
FINALLY!

Car is up and running "great" now (I.E. Out of Limp Mode, Not chokeing itself with fuel anymore, and actually running off the base map)

The following shows the correct way to wire up the MAP-ECU to a 2JZ-GE ECU Harness for Normal Operation (No MAF, No AutoLearn)...(pending no one knows something I don't, which if they do, should let me know so I can update the diagram and my car :bigok: )

***Note: The gray wire in the picture is actually the WHITE wire comming off the Map Ecu!!!

Blue ------------> E9-66(Green w/Black Stripe)
Black (X2) ------> E9-69(Brown)
Brown ----------> E9-43(Yellow)
Green ----------> Not Used!! (contrary to what's shown in the Map-Ecu manual)
Yelllow ---------> E9-48(White) OR to your Wideband Linear Output Wire for Logging
White ----------> E9-58(Red w/Yellow Stripe)
Red -------------> E10-1(Black w/Red Stripe)

Also if you're looking for the FSM GE Pinout I found a PDF here:
http://www.freewebs.com/jzx81/2jzge.htm

***Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the use of this information. If you mess something up, it your fault, etc. etc.

·
Racing is Life.
1,150 Posts
I have the same issue right now, except i KNOW i wired it up to exactly the manual. I loaded the default base map and it barely runs and then stalls out. You say you have a 2jz-ge? or gte? I am going down to the shop tomorrow to get it all tuned, etc and it would be nice if it would run right and i dont have to drive ALL the way back down there!
Best,
Jason
772-519-1900 (if you could call me, please, it would help so much)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As the title on my diagram states, the wiring is for a 2JZ-GE motor (that I went NA-T with).

Just list off your current setup, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pick out what you need to fix from it.

·
Boost Crazy
52 Posts
Hey

I have been looking all over the place to find the wiring diagram for my Map ECU, this is great... One other thing that I am concerned on it where did you guys place your air temp. sensor that you with the Map ECU???? I can't seem to find a place for it, do i have to drill and tap somewhere, if so where???

Thanks
Chase :bigthumb:

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
Yes, you have to drill on the intake going to the throttle body, or the throttle body. I had already had a hole drilled for My VPC. So i just used that hole.

·
Racing is Life.
1,150 Posts
I figured out why my map-ecu wasn't working. It wasn't my wiring. It was the fact that the USB cable wouldn't load the maps into the ecu. So then I would try to start it and guess what? It has no freakin idea what's goin on. LoL anyhow, I just got back last night. 461 on stock fuel in 110F and 85% humidity weather. I guess I should be happy LoL. I'll go back asa the weather cools off and find out my true #'s. Good luck with your NA-T, I've heard some of those setups are incredible.
Best Wishes,
Jason

·
Registered
951 Posts
speed13 said:
Hey

I have been looking all over the place to find the wiring diagram for my Map ECU, this is great... One other thing that I am concerned on it where did you guys place your air temp. sensor that you with the Map ECU???? I can't seem to find a place for it, do i have to drill and tap somewhere, if so where???

Thanks
Chase :bigthumb:
install the IAT sensor in the IC piping coming off the TB within about 6 inches. don't put it in the Intake or the TB as it will get heat soaked

to be honest, i wouldn't even use the IAT sensor, just put a 2.2k ohm resistor in the MAF plug. that's what i did

TheProPlaya - 461 on stock fuel??? you are NA-T??

what is your setup?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
96sc3 said:
cool, have you started to tune yet UF-supra?

Yes I have, and it's going really well... however I've been reading about the IAT sensor that comes with the MAP ECU and I think I'm going to experiment with the 2.2k ohm resistor this weekend, and my ever-changing idle issue I've been having.

·
Registered
421 Posts
UF-Supra said:
Yes I have, and it's going really well... however I've been reading about the IAT sensor that comes with the MAP ECU and I think I'm going to experiment with the 2.2k ohm resistor this weekend, and my ever-changing idle issue I've been having.
What kind of idle issues are you having?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts