Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got done finishing up my single and fuel install. im running a map ecu for fuel management. thanks to jarret for sending me the 720cc map, even though i had 78x cc injectors. With that said, the car was running pig rich, and actually spitting out some fuel out the exhaust. So i leaned out the entire map from vacumm to 0psi by 9% and everything above 0psi leaned out by 3% to compensate for the different sized injectors. A few more minor adjustments were made at certain points in the map and now im happy to report that idle is steady between14.6-14.8 af and under fullboost which right now is just wastegate controlled at 16psi it held rock solid 11.7 af's to redline. Im really impressed with the ease of tuning the mapecu. you can tune on the fly and just adjust where ever you see fit by pressing the + or - keys.

Also, driveablilty is exactly like stock, no stumbling at a stop, no rough idle, no hesitation when flooring it, just smooth driving. great product, easy to use, easy to tune. with the map ecu harness it was easy to install also = )

Kev

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to add, too bad they use a serial connection, i had to borrow my friends laptop to tune my car. that is the only real complaint i have, they really shoulda used usb.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought 2 different adapters, niether worked. so i had to return both of them. im running the 2.1 version software, i was able to use my buddys laptop with a serial port in the rear and it worked perfect.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Also make sure you have the MAP-CAL software set to the right COM port if you decide to try again.

The adapter cable seems to not work sometimes for me but it does work most of the time. I do watch as it reads each individual line when I upload new maps though. One time it just stopped in the middle for no reason and only half of the map loaded. I just did it again and it worked.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread, but Kev said
with the map ecu harness it was easy to install also = )
why is that? i saw wiring diagrams in the PHR section, but with the harness, is it a plug and play ordeal? Very interested...

Also, with the map ecu, does everyone still have to find a way to control the ignition timing?

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
I am planning to buy one soon and I'm curious as to what I will need to do to get the car running asap. Is it just a matter of loading maps for different size injectors, like are there maps that can be downloaded for the 550's etc etc?

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
texasmr2 said:
I am planning to buy one soon and I'm curious as to what I will need to do to get the car running asap. Is it just a matter of loading maps for different size injectors, like are there maps that can be downloaded for the 550's etc etc?

Thanks,
Gregg
Just me..but it's a heck lot easier to get it running by doing what you just said. Download the maps from here:

http://www.mapecu.com/files/fuelmaps/version22.php

And start from there. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
texasmr2 said:
Thanks a bunch buddy I am so looking forward to this mod.

Gregg
Will you have it done before TX2K6? I have mine sitting on the table but probably won't install it until after I get back from TX and would like to check out yours and get familiar with it before I do mine.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
notlownf said:
Will you have it done before TX2K6? I have mine sitting on the table but probably won't install it until after I get back from TX and would like to check out yours and get familiar with it before I do mine.
If everything goes according to the plan I will have it installed and tuned by TX2K6. I wanna do the PnP harness but man thats an extra $314 almost as much as the MAP ecu itself!

So not really sure at the moment,

Gregg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
texasmr2 said:
If everything goes according to the plan I will have it installed and tuned by TX2K6. I wanna do the PnP harness but man thats an extra $314 almost as much as the MAP ecu itself!

So not really sure at the moment,

Gregg
Yeh I'm definately going with the pnp harness just because I've got so much to install that the less work the better at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
WE cant produce the harnesses any cheaper then that. sorry. As you all know I hook things up as deeply as possible and discount the hell out of the map ecu but there is no room in the harness. Sorry.

And $314.00 includes shipping :)

Just let me know what you decide to do and also feel free to try the prototype software that I posted up in the phr section, the NM section, and on my map ecu sale post as well. IT solves a few com port bugs that certain operating systems were struggling with. (non map ecu related, but windows related)

Thanks

Ben

1 - 16 of 16 Posts