Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I do have a 1993 MKIV N/A Supra which I have turned into a N/A-T. I have bought a MAP ECU (see picture at: http://www.xposeracing.se/images/mapecu5.jpg ) from Dusty, and I did not buy the harness for this. So I wonder if any of you out there canhelp me to wire this to my car? I do have the CD that comes with this Ecu, which tells me what wire is what etc, but the wires from the car I do not have.... So if anyone do know how to wire this, I would be VERY satisfied!

Everything helps!!!

Sincerely

Fred

·
Banned
48 Posts
Map ECU

I tried that route and the map ecu was a pile of crap i'd sell it on ebay and get something else even a SAFC. I went the same route you did I have a 1995 N/A that I turned into a 2jzgte motor but I went with Accel DFI stand alone engine management. I originally bought that map ecu from powerhouse and hooked it up and I had nothing but problems. the software is very user unfriendly and it doesn't tune well. I ended up getting accel and the car runs great minus some minor problems like speedo etc...

·
Boost Junkie
12,625 Posts
That's not true. There are plenty of folks that have gotten the MAP ECU to work great. It is all in the tuning.

Steve K.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I have heard that NAs are apparently not really easy to tune with it due to the Karman Vortex air measuring system they use.
On TTs on the other hand it´s a pure pleasure and rock solid holding the values you are entering.
And I don´t think at all that the user interface is not good. It´s not perfect but no shit either.

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Your best bet for wiring diagrams is on MAP ECU's Forum. Since it is just the 16pin harness you are installing you can still use the wiring diagrams in the MAP ECU 2 section .. just forget anything you see about the 18pin Timing Control plug. It has been discussed and there isnt entirely alot of threads posted to look through so just look around a bit and if you still have problems, ask and Im sure it will be answered.

http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/forum/

Mike

Hi!

I do have a 1993 MKIV N/A Supra which I have turned into a N/A-T. I have bought a MAP ECU (see picture at: http://www.xposeracing.se/images/mapecu5.jpg ) from Dusty, and I did not buy the harness for this. So I wonder if any of you out there canhelp me to wire this to my car? I do have the CD that comes with this Ecu, which tells me what wire is what etc, but the wires from the car I do not have.... So if anyone do know how to wire this, I would be VERY satisfied!

Everything helps!!!

Sincerely

Fred
And Hefti2 .. dont believe everything you "hear" .. it has been installed and tuned on a few occasions ..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Well, I have wired the MAP ECU correct now.... Since I have a JDM N/A I got some problems, but it`s solved with the MAP ECU folks now!

BUT, does anyone out there have a finsihed map for my car?

1993 MKIV N/A converted into a turbo with the following items:

Boost Logic Stage 2 turbokit
T61 Turbocharger
525 Pressision Injectors

I got a base map, but have some problems to make it run properly... running way to rich...

Will get it tuned by pros this thursday, but if anyone out there has a MAP (MAP ECU, NOT MAP ECU2) that work fine, I would like to have it....

:)

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
You could try the base BPU GTE map since the injector size is pretty equal to yours (550 vs. 525). You can download it at the HP of MAP-ECU.
At least to drive around w/o boosting it too hard, say 10-12psi.
Gerd

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi!

Thanks.... everything helps.... I have decided that tomorrow will be te day, my car will run "perfect".... SOMEHOW!!!

;-)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

Got my car back from the tuning store now... he is almost finished with the rough tuning, before some other guys will fine tune it...

Anyway, my car spins off like an rocket now, with burnouts when i hit the accelerator in 3 gear... haven`t got the chance to try 4. yet.... :angel:
(I`m not used to drive turbocharged cars, so this is like heaven for me....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts