Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the stock MAP sensor need some type of little filter, like the ones HKS gave you with the FCON and VPC, to protect it from oil mist? Where exactly should you connect the MAP sensor up to on the intake manifold? Any vac. port, or is there a specific one? There is some type of filtery looking thing on my intake manifold, but I just blocked that off and plugged the MAP into an unused port.

Thanks!

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
Pete_Howard said:
Does the stock MAP sensor need some type of little filter, like the ones HKS gave you with the FCON and VPC, to protect it from oil mist? Where exactly should you connect the MAP sensor up to on the intake manifold? Any vac. port, or is there a specific one? There is some type of filtery looking thing on my intake manifold, but I just blocked that off and plugged the MAP into an unused port.

Thanks!
Its kind of hard to explain, but its the only vacuum source that has a small black cylinder with a nipple poking out of it(maybe this is a filter??), it is on the side of the intake closest to the throttle cable. Hope that helps some

Jake

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
I don' t know if you have to, but we have never ran one on any of our cars and have had no problems. Probably could not hurt, a little preventitive medicine always helps,

Catto

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Map sensor

And the Vac line that connects to it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Its actually a filter to help prevent fuel from getting to the Map sensor. It is a good idea to run it. They are similar on most EFI cars and can be had at almost any wreaker or the dealer. The 22re engines use them but have 3 ports mostly.
Cary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts