Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
well you can always go and hook air pressure up to it and measure the output.. but i dont know what the correct readings would be

·
Registered
243 Posts
see if you can find a spec, you usally should be able to apply vaccum and see a chain in voltage if you backprobe the signal wire of the connecter. Does anyone has the tsrm specs?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the key in the ON position, back probe one of the 3 pins with a safety pin or something. Using your voltmeter, it should read close to 5 volts. Now hook a vacuum pump to the vacuum port of the MAP sensor and confirm that voltage drops as vacuum is applied. It should read approximately 1 volt with 20"Hg of vacuum applied.

found this info... I'll try it and hopefully comes in handy for others..found it on Supramania..

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ITR.00-1282 said:
lol i was wondering why that looked familiar.
Yeah I forgot to give proper credit to you man...thanks for this info.

My car runs, but when I hookup the EManage or the SAFCII to the map sensor , I get a code that its bad, eventhough my car runs when the map sensor is not bypassed.

Do you know if it can be bad and yet car still runs ??

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ITR.00-1282 said:
how well does your car drive? does it drive differently since you got the code?
yeah kinda, sluggish id say...especially midrange. Not as pepped up as it used to be. Also gas mileage sucks [email protected]#$$. lol.
I know when I gas it, it is not as responsive as it used to be.
And I have noticed the driveability problem for sure.
I have the 2j map sensor in there at the moment.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
well, if I were you I'd try 3 things: switch back to the original MAP and see how it drives, test the 2JZ MAP sensor, and since you have the means to adjust your A/F, maybe try leaning it out a little bit and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ITR.00-1282 said:
well, if I were you I'd try 3 things: switch back to the original MAP and see how it drives, test the 2JZ MAP sensor, and since you have the means to adjust your A/F, maybe try leaning it out a little bit and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks, I am trying to locate a 1jz map sensor and try that.

I will be testing the 2j map tomorrow.

The third part - adjusting a/f - is what i can't do.

Thats where this problem stems from ....I was in the process of installing the Emanage, then the safc II, and both prevented my car from running ... yuppp...

CRAPPPPola lol.

Your input is helping a lot...Ill post once I test the map sensor..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
yikes....just throwing this out there, but do you think that when you tapped into your MAP sensor wire when installing the e-manage or safc 2 that you may have added enough resistance to it for the MAP to act up? Keep us posted on how everything goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts